Head of Volunteering
We are looking for someone with experience in influencing and shaping volunteering strategy in the Charity sector.
Position: Head of Volunteering
Location: Office based, Staffordshire
Contract: Permanent, full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £50,000
About the role:
As Head of Volunteering, you will lead the Volunteer Team to influence and shape the volunteering strategic plan for all departments across the Charity. You will build the volunteer resource through innovative opportunities and by deepening community connections. The role will be instrumental in developing the profile of volunteers throughout the Charity.
You will be focussed on attracting high quality, skilled individuals to volunteer roles that align to the requirements of the departments. You will be responsible for the creation and improvement of training and support offered to volunteers, ensuring that there is a focus on increasing the capability of the team.
High level relationship skills are critical to this role, partnering with senior managers, line managers and other stakeholders to develop credibility and business impact. You will create innovative new recruitment partnerships and build relationships with medical and non- medical voluntary organisations to promote volunteering opportunities across the organisation
To be successful in the role you will need experience of leading and growing a volunteering function in an active fundraising environment. You will have expertise in using data and analytics to evaluate and demonstrate the value volunteering brings.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Proven track-record of attracting skilled volunteers into an organisation.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrable skill in building relationships at all levels.
- High level of proficiency with Information technology, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- An openness and willingness to learn new skills and to put these into practice.
- A commitment to uphold the rights of children, vulnerable and disabled people.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the role after reasonable adjustments have been made for illness or disability.
- Able to travel to meet the needs of the role.
DISCLOSURE & BARRING SERVICE CHECKS
The Charity is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore adopts a safer recruitment approach through a robust recruitment and selection process. All posts within the Charity are subject to DBS checks, in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). This role is eligible for an Enhanced with barred lists DBS check
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Volunteer Manager, Volunteering Manager, Head of Volunteering, Assistant Director of Volunteering, Volunteer Development Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer Recruitment, etc.