Senior Campaigns Officer
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference? Can you drive change to help improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness? If so, you may be the person we are looking for!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Campaigns Officer to join our Campaigns and Communications team whose main objective is to increase the public profile of Rethink Mental Illness, engage colleagues and supporters across the charity and mobilise public and parliamentary support to bring about change.
Your role will be an agile position meaning you can work flexibly between 2 days at a fixed base in London and from home. You will work full time, 35 hours per week on a permanent contract with a salary of £30,734.05 to £32,911.34 per annum (including London weighting).
About the role
As a Senior Campaigns Officer, you will be at the heart of our campaigning to improve the lives of people severely affected by mental illness, planning and delivering impactful campaigns online and offline by:
- Shaping the development of effective campaign strategies alongside the Campaigns Manager and the Head of Campaigns
- Managing campaigning projects, such as leading smaller campaigns or leading significant aspects of major campaigns
- Developing and implementing clear and effective communications and digital content plans for our campaigns, in coordination with colleagues in the Communications Team
- Leading on writing campaigns content, writing powerful copy and presenting complex information in a clear and persuasive way for a range of audiences such as our campaigners, members, services and groups
- Working with public affairs colleagues to ensure that our online and offline activism supports our work in parliament and vice versa
- Leading on supporting people with lived experience to campaign at a national and local level including identifying issues to campaign on, meeting with local decision makers, speaking at parliamentary events taking part in media opportunities and sharing their stories online
What we are looking for
You’ll have the essentials covered:
- Passion about the power of campaigning to make a difference to people’s lives and the potential to change things for the better for people who are severely affected by mental illness
- Experience of devising and using a range campaign tactics (both online and offline)
ability to manage complex projects
- Experience of website content management systems and know how to create engaging web content
- Experience of using petitions, email-to-target actions and other tactics
- The ability to use social media in support of campaigns and keep up with social media trends
- The ability to use email marketing software to communicate with warm audiences
You may also have:
- Experience of working for a charitable or campaigning organisation or of working with people affected by mental illness, other disabilities or social exclusion.
- A good understanding of parliamentary processes and the political context, as well as opportunities to influence them.
Who are we?
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this.
So, if you would like to join us as Senior Campaigns Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.