Harris Hill is recruiting for a Financial Controller for this Well-Established Charity based in Hertfordshire
- Hybrid Working: 5 days a week (37.5hrs) flexible/hybrid working
- Salary Level: £55,000pa - £58,000pa
- Responsible To: Director of Finance
- Management: 3 finance staff
Reporting to the Finance Director, the post holder will manage the Finance function and service provision in terms of financial and management accounting across the group of charities. This role is part of the Senior Management Team which reports to the Senior Leadership Team.
The post holder will be required to manage a number of business related and operational systems, processes, procedures and required controls across the group of charities in the delivery of the charity's services. This role will be performed in partnership with the individual operational managers to ensure continuous improvement with measurable outcomes, linked to an annual plan.
- Advising on general financial policy within the charity group and liaising with the external auditors.
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within each entity, in consultation with the management team/budget holders.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular performance management reports to the Finance Director.
- Keeping the accounts of the charities and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets in accordance with the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and to liaise with external Auditors in connection with the Annual Accounts preparation and Audit.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Preparing invoices and collection of all monies.
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Pension and National Insurance Contributions and compliance with regulations for benefits in kind, in liaison with the payroll bureau and the HR office.