Senior Community Fundraiser
Be there when it matters
There has never been a more important time to provide high quality, specialist end-of-life care to support patients and their families.
About the organisation
You will be working for a Hospice that supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – they’re there when it matters. The doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
At the Hospice, in Headingley, Leeds, the incredible healthcare team provide expert care and support for people who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families and loved ones.
About the role
Are you an experienced community fundraiser looking for a new challenge? If so come and join an exciting fundraising team at the Hospice and really make a difference.
This is an instrumental role to develop community fundraising through a number of income streams and deliver vital income. You'll spot opportunities to raise funds and maximise income growth through supporter led and event fundraising. You’ll be proactive in promoting and recruiting participants for challenge events. You’ll be an active networker and proactively engage and inspire local business support. And you’ll have the tenacity to initiate, develop and grow fundraising relationships with high net worth individuals, community groups, committees, companies and supporters.
No two days are the same and this is a great opportunity to take your community fundraising experience to the next level as a Senior Community Fundraiser.
It's an exciting time to join the team and to hit the ground running you will have demonstrable success in community fundraising, a solid understanding of supporter led fundraising as well as a passionate and proactive approach to develop fundraising leads that deliver results.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
- A track record of achieving fundraising growth and delivering income
- Experience of forming, nurturing and maintaining relationships within local communities including individuals, businesses, groups and associations to deliver growth in income
- An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
- Ability to engender a pro-active team culture
- Experience of managing fundraising volunteers
- Company pension scheme
- 27 days holiday (pro rata) - rising to 33 with length of service plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Community Fundraiser, Regional Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Corporate Fundraiser, Fundraising Officer, Regional Fundraising, Events Fundraising, etc.