Foundation Manager Job Description
Reporting to the Chair of Trustees, the Foundation Manager will provide day-to-day management of the Foundation.
The Foundation Manager will be supported by the Foundation’s Senior Strategic Adviser, as well as part-time administrative support.
About the COSARAF Charitable Foundation
The COSARAF Charitable Foundation is a family foundation, providing grants to support the most disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad. The Foundation provides the philanthropic vehicle for distribution of both Zakat and non-Zakat funds.
The Foundation’s strategic priorities are:
· Promoting strong and cohesive communities - supporting projects that promote equality and integration within society; supporting individuals/organisations that encourage religious tolerance and freedom to practice religious beliefs.
· Enabling young people to realise their potential - supporting those that cannot afford an education; supporting young people to develop their skills and take advantage of opportunities that would not be available to them otherwise due to their backgrounds; encouraging entrepreneurship amongst young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
· Empowering women and girls – supporting women and girls through skills development; supporting women and girls facing abuse, discrimination and disadvantage; providing health, education, basic needs and other related provision to women and girls without access to such. It aims to do this through supporting community and mentoring projects, encouraging enterprise with disadvantaged young people in the UK and supporting reconstruction and food projects in developing world.
The Foundation is in the last year of its current five-year Strategic Plan so this is an exciting time to help trustees to settle its strategy for the next five years of its development.
· To have day-to-day responsibility for management of the Foundation’s grant-making operations, including:
o application management
o grant reporting arrangements
o evaluation and impact assessment
· To support the development and management of priority programmes
· To act as key point of contact for all grant recipients and other stakeholders
· To have lead responsibility for production of all internal reporting and support the production of all external reports
· With the Senior Strategic Adviser, to support trustees in the development of the long-term strategy and to drive the growth and expansion of the Foundation and its programmes.
· To develop and support the trustees and the wider Sheikh family in their involvement in the Foundation and the projects it supports.
· To ensure the Foundation adheres to the correct processes, procedures, and policies.
· To ensure fiscal probity and transparency.
· To act as Secretary to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees
· To represent the Foundation to future stakeholders and other Foundation/charities.
· To build the broader network and provide advocacy to help the charity grow.
Marketing and communications
· To support the development of a clear communications and marketing plan
· To develop relevant content for internal and external communications.
· To manage the Foundation’s online social media channels
· Responsible for all correspondence and administration
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong organisational and administration skills
· Good relationship management and interpersonal skills
· Excellent understanding of Muslim communities, in the UK and overseas, and an understanding of key Islamic concepts regarding charitable giving.
· Forward thinking: scheduling, activity planning and task delegation is critical to the success of this role
· Confidence in communicating and generating rapport with trustees and supporters, both orally and in writing
· Flexibility in managing multiple priorities and to manage their own workload effectively
· Desire to develop new skills and experience
· Experience of managing time-sensitive projects with an ability to work under pressure.
· Proven digital literacy expertise, ideally with experience of Salesforce.
· Good level of numeracy
· Experience of the charitable sector
· This is a permanent full-time role (35 hours/week), based in the Foundation’s offices in Potters Bar but with flexible working (including home working for up to three days/week) arrangements available.
· Salary: £40,000-£45,000 per annum (more may be available for exceptional candidates).
· Annual leave of 25 days/year plus Bank Holidays
· There is a probation period of six months.
· Overseas travel may be required, as will evening and weekend engagements from time to time
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter (no more than 2 pages A4 in length) setting out your suitability for the role and your CV to Jonathan Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5th May 2022