Braintree District Museums Trust is looking for a Finance Officer to support the growth of their charitable company devoted to conserving and celebrating the diverse heritage of Braintree District in north Essex with Braintree Museum and the Warner Textile Archive.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer passionate about not-for-profit accounting, with a track record of excellent financial administration, analysis and reporting to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning skills and time management
- Ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of working at pace with a strong work ethic
- Adaptable financial communication to the appropriate audience
You will report to our Museums Manager and work collaboratively with staff and our Treasurer, preparing a monthly financial management report to the Board. Responsibilities will include:
- Process all customer and supplier invoices using SAGE 50 on a daily basis
- Allocation of all restricted fund income and expenditure
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank and related accounts
- Submission monthly VAT
- Preparation and review of monthly debtors and creditors
- Completion of all audit procedures and controls
- Full financial management reports for the Museums Manager and Treasurer
- Monthly Trustee and Staff Financial Management Reports
The role requires someone who is at least part qualified in ACCA, ACA, CIMA or AAT and experienced in Microsoft Excel.
If this sounds like you, this could be your opportunity to join our inspiring team within an exciting and varied role.
Full details can be found in Vacancies - Warner Textile Archive.
For an informal discussion please contact Robert Rose on 01376 328868 ext. 20 or 0797 099 3705. Applications by CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 3rd June 2022. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8th June 2022.
Application method: CV and covering letter
Application Deadline: 17.00 Friday 3rd June 2022
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 8th June 2022