Governance Support Officer (Senior Administrator)
Salary Up to £27,089 per annum plus benefits
Base Negotiable (travel to the Head Office in Shrewsbury required)
Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. They are a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us.
Established in 1943, their network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through their publications and community-based programmes.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, which requires the post holder to provide high quality support to the Board of Trustees as well as to the Charity’s Chief Executive and Director of Finance & Business Administration.
The post holder will be expected to take minutes, work accurately and efficiently under pressure, and to manage and prioritise their own workload; proactively reprioritising tasks based on new and sometimes conflicting work demands from the Director of Finance & Business Administration and CEO; and to provide and receive sensitive information, the handling of which may require tact, diplomacy, and persuasive skills.
Come and be part of the team! They look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
They ask that you have:
- Recent experience working effectively in an administrative role at a high level, equivalent to a PA for a senior manager
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with their aims and objectives
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
They look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 27 May 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at their Head Office or via Zoom on 6 June 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
They want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, they realise that to achieve their vision they need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering their mission and vision…if this inspires you, they would love to hear from you.