- Line Manage the CRM Senior Officer
- Be the lead on CRM processes-
About Our Client
Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the UK's leading research universities, committed to improving social justice and achieving the previously unthinkable.
This role sits within the Marketing team.
To provide leadership and subject matter expertise in relation to the CRM platforms, Salesforce and Marketing Cloud, across devolved University structures. This will encompass responsibility for the provision of appropriate processes, systems, technical support, and governance.
- To maintain an excellent understanding of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other legislation which directly affect all areas of work and ensure that QMUL CRM practices are fully compliant with the GDPR.
- To build strong working relationships with key contacts across QMUL and help them to develop and deliver central and subject-specific communication plans to engage and develop relationships with enquirers, applicants and prospective students interested in higher education, and their key influencers, such as teachers and parents
- To provide subject matter expertise to inform the development of new ways of working and enhanced CRM systems functionality to support student life cycle management using approaches that are grounded in CRM best practice.
- To work with QMUL's CRM suppliers to keep up-to-date with the latest system developments and communicate these regularly (as appropriate) to internal contacts
- To use initiative and experience to manage own areas of work: specifically the development and further roll-out of Salesforce/Marketing Cloud; and to contribute to QMUL's strategic aims in these areas
- To analyse and evaluate data to assess the performance of communications sent and use this to improve future communications.
- Lead on the provision of CRM services for colleagues across the QMUL ensuring the processes, platforms and governance procedures are fit for purpose and enable the University to gain a competitive advantage in relation to student recruitment and retention.
- Oversee the strategic relationship with external suppliers and other marketing platforms, ensuring University, and legislative requirements are met, and value for money achieved
- To work with members of the Student Acquisition Team to develop and implement a monthly data cleansing process.
- To contribute to the wider work of the Student Recruitment Marketing team and the Marketing and Communications Directorate, assisting with enquiry management, campaigns, publications and on- and off-campus events as required.
- To Chair the CRM Users Governance Group and take operational responsibility for data and systems safety, maintaining user training records and permissions, and championing best practice across QMUL.
- Work with the Admissions and Student Success teams to development a set of QMUL data status categories to improve the targeting and effectiveness of communications.
- Line manage a CRM Officer, ensuring the delivery of their objectives and the encouragement of their continuous professional development.
- To develop comprehensive training programmes for new and existing users of the CRM system in academic Schools and departments to increase the level of expertise across QMUL. This will include developing a suite of offerings that integrate within the CRM governance structure.
- As the primary SME for the CRM platforms, to play a lead role in the ongoing roll-out of Salesforce/Marketing Cloud to academic Schools and departments to support the continuing development of its use across QMUL
- To promote academic Schools and departments in their use of the CRM system and advice on best practices to gain maximum benefit from the system.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software or marketing databases for mass communications
- Excellent IT and digital marketing skills and/or experience including technical ability such as HTML coding
- Experience of training and/or coaching staff including motivating and supporting others on the use of technology systems
- Data manipulation and analysis skills, including the ability to present trends and communicate findings to a non-expert audience
- Strong written communication and numerical skills, including the ability to advise on writing engaging email content and/or marketing copy
- Experience of managing and prioritising a varied workload and meeting deadlines whilst working accurately under pressure
- Meticulous administrative and organisational skills, including diligent attention to detail
What's on Offer
Salary is £38,655-£45,479 plus great benefits.
This role is based in Mile End but will be a combination of working at home and in the office.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0520225595429Z