Position: Data and Insight Officer
Type: Full-time (35 hours per week), permanent contract
Location: Remote working available and based from one of our National Offices (i.e. London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast)
Salary: £33,606 - £38,217 per annum plus excellent benefits
Salary Band: Band E2
Department: Strategy and Business intelligence
At the MS Society, we make sure people living with MS are at the centre of everything we do. And it’s this commitment that unites us across the UK.
Our work is based on the hopes and aspirations of our MS community. Together we campaign at all levels, fund ground-breaking research and provide award winning support and information.
Our people are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We offer a vibrant, progressive environment where you will make a difference.
About this job
It’s an exciting time to join us at the MS Society! We’re focusing on improving in the ways we measure and report our data and insight, working closely with colleagues across the charity in order to achieve this.
This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive individual to join us in:
- Delivering high quality data extracts to support our fundraising, campaigning and support activities.
- Managing imports and cleaning activities to maintain strong data integrity.
- Supporting the improved decision making by providing accurate, well presented insight and reporting services, as part of driving our data and insights maturity.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Proven experience of producing marketing data selections
- Proven experience of working with Supporter/Customer databases
- Proven experience of generating analysis and reports
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Good knowledge of Excel including formulae, pivot tables and graphs
- Good analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving
We offer 35 days annual leave (pro rata for part time employees) including bank holidays.
We have a range of employee benefits including (but not limited to):
- Flexible and smart working (with the opportunity to work remotely and find a smart working pattern that suits both you and us)
- Opportunity to buy and sell annual leave
- Enhanced family friendly, disability and carer’s leave
- Discounted season ticket loan/pension scheme/Cycle to work scheme/Interest-free emergency loans
The MS Society is in the midst of an exciting, transformational, period which builds on our great history and will drive us towards achieving our mission and vision as we embark on our Every MS Story strategy.
Right to work in the UK
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK. If we do offer you employment, you’ll be required to provide documentation to show that you’re eligible to be employed in the UK before starting employment.
The full list of UK visas and permits that grant you the right to work in the UK can be found on the UK government website. We currently don’t have a Sponsor Licence agreement with the Home Office and will not be in a position to support you with any visa applications you may make.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 20 May 2022
In order to apply for this role, please submit an updated CV and supporting statement indicating how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification in the attached job description.
We’re a Disability Confident Employer. We’re committed to promoting equality and diversity. We’d be grateful if you could complete the attached equality and diversity monitoring form and submit it with your application.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and/or from ethnic minority backgrounds, where we’re looking to build stronger and better representation among our staff.
No agencies please.