Become a social innovation leader in one year.
Year Here is an immersive full-time programme kicking off on September 12th, 2022. We launch, grow and connect the social innovators and social ventures of tomorrow.
If selected to become a Fellow, you will:
- Make an impact through innovation. Develop and hone your business skill set as you work with real-world clients and learn from within organisations.
- Make deep connections, learning from leading founders to policymakers and impact investors.
- Develop your own ideas. We’ll help you pilot them so you can see how social ventures can take off, from ideation to design, prototyping to branding.
- Learn from expert faculty. You’ll get a personal mentor and receive tonnes of training from a faculty of more than 80 social innovation leaders.
Beyond Year Her
Since 2019, 1 in 3 Fellows have gone on to found their own business. The rest have gone back into their sector to innovate from within.
Our alumni have launched 50 social ventures, including:
● Chatterbox, an online language tuition platform powered by refugee talent, featured in The Economist, Tech Crunch and The Times.
● Birdsong, the feminist fashion brand selling wardrobe stapes made by women paid a fair wage. Featured in Vogue, Dazed and Vice.
● Appt, a HealthTech business that uses behavioural economics to help patients manage their long-term conditions – with multi-year investment from Innovate UK.
● Supply Change, Supply Change is a digital marketplace that helps social enterprises to win public sector contracts – so that public money has maximum impact in local communities.
Since launching in 2013 at 10 Downing St, we have worked with 278 Fellows who collectively have contributed over 161,280 hours to crucial frontline services.
Our reach is growing, and you’ll be part of that. So far we’ve launched 50 startups, generating over £8.5 million. These have all supported over 18,000 people, from at-risk youths to isolated older people. You could be part of the next wave.
No course fees
Unlike a Master's degree or MBA, we have no tuition fee. This is a reimagination of higher education. Rather than spending a year in a lecture hall and paying £10,000 for the privilege, we challenge you to learn by doing – working on real social impact projects. Our partners pay us to be involved and that covers your tuition costs.
To widen access to the programme we have additional support options including a small number of means-tested bursaries.
Our Fellows come from a range of backgrounds and industries, from social work to teaching, engineering to law, bringing an incredibly diverse set of professional skills and life experiences to the programme. What unites them is their brilliant personal qualities – like resourcefulness, humility and resilience – and their passion for social action.
Apply by midnight Sunday 29th May.
Register to start your application at https://bit.ly/38MslqP
Year Here recognises that some communities have been historically excluded from the Social Innovation space. We are committed to playing our part in ensuring talent from within these communities can take part in our programme. We pride ourselves in fostering diverse talent, faculty and curriculum and believe lived experience drives innovation. We actively encourage applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, LGBTQI+ and Disabled communities as well as people who are pregnant or have caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our programme and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email us at email@example.com.