- Fantastic opportunity to drive more activity into the local economy
- Opportunity to shape the future of a well established arts centre
About Our Client
Bluecoat is a home for creative potential in the heart of Liverpool's busy city centre. We are committed to creating new, more meaningful ways to experience art. We're entering an exciting period of change, as we work towards our strategy to become a worksite for artists, experimenting with new ways of bringing process and progress into the public domain. Based in the oldest building in Liverpool city centre, we host a regular programme of exhibitions, live events, workshops and discussions covering a range of art forms including visual art, music, dance and literature. We're home to a community of creative retailers, working artists' studios, a cafe and a bistro and our participation programme works with communities across the city who might otherwise face barriers to enjoying culture.
The role will head up a number of vital business functions, managing a series of direct reports, at the Bluecoat; marketing & communications, commercial & sales, fundraising and visitor experience. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver a commercial strategy for Bluecoat, maximising commercial opportunities of the unique mix of artistic, heritage and hospitality resources that create the 'Bluecoat experience.
- Lead our strategic marketing and communications function to develop our national profile and increase visitor figures.
- Provide the strategic direction for a dynamic and welcoming front of house team to ensure the Bluecoat visitor experience is of the highest standard, increasing understanding and enjoyment of contemporary art.
- Lead on a fundraising strategy for the organisation that plays to the strengths.
- Lead on Audience Development to ensure the widest range of people have access to our programmes.
The Successful Applicant
We're looking for an exceptional individual who is seeking a new challenge with purpose. Someone who wants to make a real impact on the civic life of the city.
As this is a wide ranging portfolio, it would suit someone with proven leadership skills, entrepreneurial spirit, good communication skills and strong networks in Liverpool and beyond. We are looking for someone commercially minded, who can work with a team to maximise the potential of the organisation.
We work in a collegiate way at the Bluecoat and the successful candidate will be collaborative and diplomatic, both internally and externally. We are keen to make partnerships that fit with our brand and create mutually beneficial relationships
What's on Offer
Bluecoat is a vibrant and exciting organisation which is responding to the needs of our audiences and Liverpool post-pandemic city centre. This is a rare opportunity to drive innovation in the cultural sector at a senior level and has the potential to be extremely rewarding.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0420225426545Z