- Fantastic opportunity to join the University of Leeds in a newly created role
- Senior strategic admissions role with a focus on policy, process and systems
About Our Client
This is an exciting time to join the University of Leeds, in 2021 we published our new 10-year values driven strategy: Universal values, Global Change. At the heart of this strategy is the ambition to create stronger impact locally, nationally and globally; harnessing our expertise to drive change and help create a more equitable and sustainable future.
The Vice-Chancellor Simone Buitendijk and the University's leadership team are focused on creating an equal and diverse values-driven organisation. We aim to create an inclusive environment that attracts, develops and retains the best staff and students from all backgrounds, supporting them to achieve their ambitions and, in so doing, contributing to our institutional strategic aims.
You will be responsible for leading the implementation of strategic development priorities to ensure successful operational service delivery, monitoring KPIs and taking action as appropriate. You will be responsible for and own allocated Service-wide priorities and projects, addressing external regulatory and mandatory developments, in parallel with playing a key role in supporting the migration to a digitally enabled applicant management and CRM platform. This is a key element of a broader programme of change to re-imagine the applicant-centric approach to student recruitment.
You will build effective relationships within and beyond the University, taking a highly collaborative approach to planning and delivery of University Student Recruitment. You will engage the Admissions Management Team to ensure our service is positioned to support the achievement of the University's strategic objectives, ensuring that the Admissions teams are agile in response to the changing external environment and evolving applicant and staff needs, informed by best practice in the sector and beyond. You will enable colleagues benefit from effective training and opportunities to broaden their experience, supporting them to work flexibly across the Admissions Service, developing skills and capabilities to meet current and future needs.
The Successful Applicant
As Head of Admissions (Policy, Process and Systems), you will have:
* Strong leadership skills as well as highly developed communication and negotiation skills to build productive working relationships and credibility internally and externally
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders
* Experience of leading and managing staff with the ability to engage, motivate and develop individuals to deliver objectives
* Strong planning skills with an ability to turn organisational strategy into operational delivery-focused plans
* Extensive experience of Admissions processes within a Higher Education setting
* Proven experience of working closely with technology teams and familiar with the effective use of applicant management and CRM technologies to support processes such as enhanced workflow and resource management capability, process harmonisation and improved MI reporting capability.
* Proven experience of providing strategic direction and delivering results through the effective management of resources (people and financial)
* Strong solutions focus, with a proactive and innovative approach utilising challenging and critical thinking and informed decision making to identify and develop new business delivery opportunities
* Experience of working with complexity, balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
* A visionary outlook and ability to articulate what success looks like
* Experience of working effectively across teams with a diverse range of senior stakeholders, internal and external, to define creative approaches to requirements, negotiating solutions, whilst supporting internal prioritisation considerations
* Experience of successful partnership working with external organisations and internal services to deliver defined outcomes in line with an organisational vision
What's on Offer
Basic salary between £51,799 and £65,573 depending on experience with excellent benefits.
The advert closing date is Wednesday 18th May.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0320225409720Z