Our client is an ambitious charity, passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through the establishment of dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence around the UK and challenging the Government and larger cancer charities to increase the national investment for research into brain tumours to £35 million a year and bring parity with other cancers.
Their vision is to find a cure for brain tumours. Their mission is to build a network of experts in sustainable research at seven dedicated Centres of Excellence.
Following a year of change they are looking to grow their team in order to increase their contribution to the national investment in brain tumour research and to do more of their vital campaigning work in line with their 2025 strategy.
Community Fundraiser – Surrey, Sussex and Kent
Contract Type: Full Time (35 hours pw) – Permanent
Salary: Circa £27.5K
Location: Home based, Sussex, Surrey or Kent
Reports to: Community Development Manager
Direct reports: None.
As a Community Fundraiser you will support this charity's mission, by delivering on their strategic plans, objectives and mission, through generating and growing income through community fundraising activities.
Raising awareness and engaging with people with the work this charity does is another key purpose of this role. This is currently achieved through the recruitment and then supporting the fundraising of individuals, challenge event participants, Fundraising Groups and Charity of the Year partnerships.
As well as growing the supporter base, you will sustain the supporter base and provide excellent stewardship at all teams.
This charity holds annual challenges and events to generate income, however as well as using these opportunities to generate income for the charity, Community Fundraisers will:
- Own the recruitment of new prospects and all stewardship of supporters for our three key Wear A Hat Day events taking place throughout the year
- Stewardship and management of Challenge events such as the London to Brighton bike ride taking place in September
- Seek new opportunities to maximise fundraising across Sussex, Surrey and Kent
- Ensure supporters, volunteers and fundraising groups have access to relevant fundraising advice, guidance and accurate signposting, whilst promoting best practice in fundraising.
- Manage, and continuously develop and improve your region through excellent stewarding of existing supporters, regional social media and recruitment of new supporters.
- Build and grow relationships to support development of new Fundraising Groups.
- Keep their CRM database fully up to date with information about our supporters and their fundraising activities.
- Connect with local neuro hospitals within your area in order to organise regular information stands taking place on brain tumour clinic days, and to book in visits from the Community Development Manager as appropriate.
Requisite Skills and Experience:
- Experience in community fundraising, donor management and stewardship.
- A good communicator, with the ability to converse sensitively and empathetically with members of the public, who may be going through current or recent traumatic experiences.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
- Able to identify and maximise opportunities.
- Flexible, embraces change and development, and is able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Experience of working with a database / CRM.
- Experience of working with MS Office, especially confident in Word and Excel.
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- Access to a car and full driving would be ideal but not essential.
Please note, in addition to a competitive salary, employment benefits include a generous holiday allowance, occupational sick pay, access to private healthcare, and free parking.
Closing Date: 29th May 2022
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
To Apply and for more information:
Click the job board apply button to be taken to the next stage where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions (you may need to scroll down).
No agencies please.