- Fantastic opportunity to join a leading UK University
- Newly created role with the ability to drive innovation and change
About Our Client
At the University of Central Lancashire, we believe in enabling people to seize every opportunity to flourish in education, at work and for life and we support our students from their first day with us right through to graduation and beyond. We're an international, multi-campus University leading the way in modern learning. Whilst remaining proud of our roots in Preston, which is home to our main campus, we also have campuses in Burnley, Cumbria and Cyprus. Our academics are leaders in their fields, with the expertise and industry experience that makes our courses such an asset.
Some universities call themselves ‘modern' when they really mean ‘young'. We're a modern university with almost 200 years of experience. We've moved, modernised, expanded and developed state-of-the-art campuses. But one thing hasn't changed: we're still offering life-changing opportunities to our students.
In 2015 we launched our ambitious £200m Campus Masterplan for the Preston Campus, which set out our vision to create a truly world-class campus for our students, staff, visitors and communities for years to come. With the opening of our new Student Centre and Civic Square in 2021, this vision is now being realised.
Today we're one of the UK's largest universities with a colleague and student community approaching 38,000. Our employment-focused course portfolio includes over 350 undergraduate programmes, around 200+ postgraduate courses and a rich array of CPD courses. In 2021-22, the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) placed us in the top 7% of all worldwide universities. We were also ranked number one in the 2020 Student Welfare League Table for the money we've invested into our student wellbeing services.
UCLan is committed to understanding and meeting the needs of its prospective, current and past students and those who employ them. The University does this through an excellent portfolio of courses for it's local, national and international students.
Confident in delivering and managing both primary research (qualitative and quantitative), complex data analysis (including UCAS, HESA, labour market information and demographic data) and desk research, the Head of Market Insight will both manage a team of practitioners and brief and select external market research agencies as required.
Organised, methodical, and adaptable, and with an eye on the University's strategic objectives, the Head of Market Insight will drive an evidence-based approach to decision making. The focus of the Market Insight and Research Team is to support and guide our marketing and recruitment to help UCLan increase its market share, differentiate the University from its competitors, and take a continuously improving and customer orientated approach.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Market Insight will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience of planning, conducting, analysing and reporting quantitative and qualitative market research, both in house and commissioning external agencies
- Experiencing of identifying, sourcing, sifting and analysing secondary data and desk research
- Experience of presenting research findings, drawing insightful conclusions and making relevant recommendations
- Experience developing a strategic approach to insight generation and prioritising competing demands
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of team building, motivation and management
- Experience of leading a team with knowledge of large databases of quantitative and qualitative information, e.g. customer profiling systems and market research packages
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent with a substantial quantitative element or significant relevant professional experience
What's on Offer
Basic salary between £53,348 - £61,818 based on experience with excellent benefits.
UCLan are operating on a blended working approach, with Marketing colleagues spending 3 days on campus and 2 days working from home each week.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0420225419269Z