Programme Development Manager
We are looking for a positive committed peacebuilding program manager to lead the innovative programming and to grow a program team that creates real change in how conflict transformation is understood, applied and invested in across sectors.
This position is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.
Position: Programme Development Manager
Location: Home-based with flexible working
Hours: Full-time position, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Benefits: 28 days’ holiday pro rata, employer contributed pension scheme, flexible working, home-based working.
Shortlisting will be taking place on a rolling basis so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Working closely with the CEO, the Programme Development Manager will play a key role in growing the charity and its sister entity’s programming work during an exciting period of scale-up and organisational growth. In the first 18 months, the Program Development Manager will start up and oversee a project funded by the National Lottery building community infrastructures in the UK.
- Leadership and Management
- Lead and implement new initiatives and projects in line with strategic goals
- Lead a team of consultants to ensure effective project management
- Programming and external relations
- Design, start-up, and oversee new projects
- Develop trusted networks of influence and collaboration, building strong and dynamic relationships with partners and donors
- Lead and organise external events to engage partners and stakeholders on key issues
- Represent the organisation in forums
- Ensure all programming is in line with policies and practise and donor requirements.
- Oversee program budgets
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Set in place a robust Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework to support adaptation, learning and capturing of results across all programming
- Gather learning, adaptations and results, to disseminate widely
- Fundraising and finance
- Contribute to fundraising and ensure the fundraising efforts and programme development secure quality results.
- Engage funders and the private/corporate sector as partners
As Programme Development Manager, you will be comfortable working independently from home as well as part of a team.
A natural people person, you are self-motivated and your personal values align with the organisation's values, namely: vision - the future belongs to those that can see it; balance - balancing the left and right brain thinking, effectiveness - doing the inner work through reflective practises; power and presence through courageous conversations; remaining light and resourceful in facilitating and catalysing change; and a dedication to ‘walking the talk’ of conflict transformation by modelling innovative new ways to integrate it throughout organisational approaches.
You will have:
- Experience and skills in project cycle management, and MEL
- Experience in social cohesion, peacebuilding, and conflict transformation work
- Experience securing diversified funding for quality peacebuilding programming
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject, preferably peace and conflict-related studies
- Proven results in leadership, management and building diverse teams and networks.
- Technical competence – MS Office Suite proficient (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), Google Suites, and Zoom.
You will be an effective communicator and team player who is skilled in supporting and maintaining professional relationships and skilled in implementing and actualising new forward-thinking ideas.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
About the Organisation
The charity was founded by three times peace prize nominee Dr Scilla Elworthy and is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) whose mission is to generate a groundswell of people from all sectors who believe that a world without destructive conflict is possible and necessary.
You may also have experience in areas such as Programme Manager, Programme Development Manager, Programme Delivery Manager, Programme Development, Programme Development Lead, Programme Development and Delivery Manager, Programme Development and Funding Manager, Programme Project Manager, Senior Programme Manager, Senior Programme Development Manager.