Role Title: Digital Fundraising Officer
Salary: £22,000 -£28,000 per annum
Contract: Full time; permanent
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 with hybrid working
Reporting to: Community and Events Fundraising Manager
This award-winning Air Ambulance Service is an emergency medical charity saving lives in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and across the East of England 24/7. Responding via a state-of-the-art-air ambulance or rapid response vehicle the medical team are able to provide treatments and surgical procedures when a patients’ life hangs in the balance. From cardiac arrests to road traffic collisions the crew are called out on average four times a day.
The changing digital landscape has had an exciting impact on the charity’s growing Community & Events team and with that a new and exciting position has arisen to fundraise through multiple digital channels to increase supporter engagement and grow charitable income.
Planning & Reporting
- Produce annual plans to grow audiences, increase engagement and generate income through digital channels
- Plan, execute and analyse digital campaigns and make evidence-based recommendations to inform future activities
- Use campaign data to produce monthly reports
- Research new tools to streamline processes whilst providing excellent supporter care
- Identify new fundraising platforms to increase donations
Digital Fundraising & Engagement
- Use digital platforms to generate income from community and event fundraising
- Support the Community & Events team to generate funds through new and existing products
- Use social media to build relationships and develop into activity in the community
- Execute engaging paid social media advert campaigns to deliver targets against budget
- Build presence on platforms such as YouTube, Tiltify, TikTok and Twitch to secure future support
- Deliver and analyse effective email marketing campaigns
- Work with Marketing and Fundraising teams to produce social media coverage in the run up and on the day of an event or community activity
- Identify businesses to support the work of the service through Charity of the Year, staff fundraising and volunteering
- Manage the digital marketing and participant journey of all virtual challenges & events
- Work collaboratively with Community Training & Engagement Officer to secure CPR Training bookings
- Proactively identify leads in the community to approach with a view to future support
- Successfully market the challenge event portfolio to secure sign-ups and meet income targets
- Deliver annual plan to increase online fundraising via platforms such as Just Giving and Facebook
- Work effectively as part of the wider Fundraising team, actively contributing ideas in team meetings, sharing information and leads and community supporter contacts as appropriate.
- Proven track record of successful digital marketing
- Experience of using social media platforms to increase engagement and generate income
- Experience of running successful digital and virtual events
- Knowledge of how to maximise the use of JustGiving, YouTube, Twitch, Tiltify, TikTok and other similar platforms
- Ability to collate, analyse and report data in a timely manner against budget
- Experience of Mailchimp or similar and proven track record of successful email marketing
- Ability to research and identify new potential digital and fundraising opportunities
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Excellent IT, writing and proof-reading skills
- Creative, innovative and imaginative
- Ability to work logically, methodically and accurately
- Strong communication skills
- Availability to represent the service at events
- Proven track record of developing user journeys
- Experience of delivering digital fundraising campaigns.
- Knowledge of Adoble Design Software, Canva or In Design
- Writing creative and engaging copy
- A product development background
- Experience of using microsite plug-ins
- Experience of QR code fundraising
This role is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: 8th February '22
Interview date: 24th February '22
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
The charity operate a hybrid working policy, giving flexibility to work from home and the office while meeting the needs of the Charity, following COVID -19 safe working practices. Please make sure that any application clearly demonstrates that you live or will be living within a commutable distance of the main place of work.
The charity offer a range of benefits including an employee Assistance Programme, generous holiday entitlement, staff survey, access to occupational health services, flexible working, learning and development opportunities, long service awards, social events, supportive working culture and staff car parking.
The service is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Trustees. They aim to create an environment where everyone can be the best they can be, where they feel welcome and are free from bias and discrimination. They encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. If you do not hear from the charity in 2 weeks from the closing date, unfortunately this means you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the selection process.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
No agencies please.