A global welfare charity has an exciting opportunity for a Governance and Compliance Manager to join them at a key moment to play a pivotal role in the charity's development as it launches its 2022 - 2026 Strategy. This is a permanent part-time position for 28 hours a week that is very flexible around how those hours are worked. Plus it offers hybrid working from home and office.
As the Governance and Compliance Manager, you will have a broad spectrum of responsibilities spanning across governance, legal and compliance. You will provide advice to the Senior Management Team and, working with external advisers as required, you will be the go-to person when colleagues are seeking advice on legal and compliance matters.
Your role may include acting as Company Secretary for the charity on occasion, assisting the Director of Human Resources in developing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining effective global governance systems and procedures, co-ordinating administrative matters relating to the Board and its Committees including taking and publishing meeting minutes, and developing, monitoring, and maintaining appropriate non-financial compliance systems and procedures to assist the charity in complying with regulatory and legal requirements including safeguarding, data protection and health & safety.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Significant governance, legal or compliance experience with the ability to establish credibility
* An understanding of Board and Committee cycles
* Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
* Experience of drafting and reviewing papers, policies or contracts
* Excellent attention to detail with proven ability to produce high quality Minutes and review, proof-read and quality assure others' papers
* Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
* Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
* Adept with MS IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.)
* Well-developed listening skills and the ability to demonstrate sound judgement, sensitivity and political awareness
This is a varied role and will suit someone who enjoys a challenge and has a can-do attitude. The charity actively encourages flexible working so you will be able to work from home for most of your working week with one day a week in the London office, along with benefits that include a generous pension, life assurance, and 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would interested in hearing from you. We are reviewing CVs as and when we are receiving them so if you are keen to apply, then please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.