Harris Hill is delighted to be working with the UK's boldest think tank and policy-shaping force, to recruit a new Managing Director (MD). Constantly ahead of the curve on big issues of international and domestic importance, we are looking for an MD to take our organisation to the next level in leadership, effectiveness and efficiency, building on the think tank's name which has already taken us to the status of a household brand in the international political and media constellation.
The MD will be a key part of the Senior Management Team and will be in charge of the business strategy. They will play a critical role in our progress by ensuring smooth running of the organisation's operations. This will include change management, projects, governance and daily office business. In addition, the MD will assist with financial management and forecasting, supporting the Executive Director in strategic development and fundraising, and overseeing the office management, HR and legal matters. This role will require managing internal staff in both the research and the communications departments, so as to deliver a focused programme of well researched policy ideas and the processes required to communicate them.
Job title: Managing Director
Salary: 80,000 - 100,000 p.a.
The MD will:
- Execute and manage the business strategy
- Ensure the smooth running of the organisation's operations
- Assist with financial management and forecasting
- Support the Executive Director in strategic development and fundraising
- Have oversight of office management, HR and legal matters
Team leadership: provide guidance to employees and direct and quality assure the work produced.
The MD will have a particular focus on organisational efficiency, effectiveness and staff happiness.
The postholder will be required to manage the organisation's project pipeline and facilitate the successful production of research reports including meeting deadlines and creating media packages.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Senior management team level experience with wide-ranging responsibility at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity.
- Developing and implementing wide-reaching strategic plans, translating vision to reality.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to growth, with experience in at least one of sales / fundraising / development work.
- Overseeing operational and financial performance; manging budgets of comparable scale and complexity.
- Managing multiple deadlines, projects, and contributing factors at once.
- Previous experience of developing and managing internal communications, procedural processes
- Understanding of basic HR regulations and legal processes
- Hands on approach to problem solving.
The Successful candidate will be committed to the organisation's goals.
The closing date for CVs and supporting statements: Friday 11th February.
If you wish to have an informal discussion, have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, or would like information on how to apply, please contact Nick Shanks at Harris Hill firstname.lastname@example.org