The Jesus Hospital Charity was established in 1679 by James Ravenscroft, and his wife Mary, who drew up an agreement to ensure the support and maintenance of lady residents, formerly known as Sisters, residing in Ravenscroft Cottages in Wood Street, Barnet. In 2010 the Charity took over Wilbraham’s Alms houses, which were established in 1612 by Sir Roger Wilbraham.
The Jesus Hospital Charity (JHC) now provides 63 unfurnished dwellings for ladies aged 50 plus, who reside alone and are fit and able to care for themselves. JHC also owns 11 commercial residential properties and 5 commercial retail units which are located on Whetstone High Road.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous senior management experience in either the charity, private or public sectors
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans
- Knowledge of and expertise in organisational governance and compliance
- Sound financial management
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
We are seeking to appoint to this position a person who:
- Has empathy towards residents
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Non-judgmental & Supportive
- Good humoured
- Willingness to undertake professional development
We look forward to your application.
Please download further details of the position from our website:
For an informal confidential discussion call Richard Evans on 07958 984161 or 020 3126 4858
Apply online with a full curriculum vitae detailing your skills and experience together with a Personal Statement clearly outlining your motivation to undertake the role and how you meet the competencies required for the position as stated in the Person Specification.
Closing date for applications: 21 February 2022
Long List interviews: 23 February – 11 March 2022
Candidate visits: w/c 21 March 2022
Final Panel Interviews w/c 28 March 2022
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. References and DBS check will be conducted on the successful applicant.
To find out more visit: www.jesushospitalcharity.org.uk