Would you like to be part of the exciting community health programme in Hounslow?
Then look no further…
The Hounslow GP Consortium CIC and its voluntary sector partner, our client, have new posts available for committed health and care staff to work across Hounslow’s Primary Care Networks as
Social Prescribing Interim Team Leader (SPITL)
£32,305 p.a. plus contributory pension
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Duration: 6 months, initially with a view to extend
Accountable to: Social Prescribing Programme Manager
Based: One or two of the Hounslow Primary Care Networks
Interim Team Leaders oversee our client's Link Workers providing connections between the GP and community services, supporting residents to address their wider health and care needs.
The Link Worker programme is a national initiative from NHS England and NHS Improvement and they are seeking individuals with a background or interest in health, care, public health or voluntary sector services.
Main purpose of the role:
The post holder will:
- Work in collaboration with Hounslow Consortium (GP Federation) and the Clinical Director in each PCN to deliver a coordinated and high-quality Social Prescribing Link Worker (SPLW) service – supporting residents to access and engage with the extensive range of support in the community. They will be employed, trained and supported by our client and seconded to the Hounslow Primary Care Networks to which they are assigned.
- Lead, develop, supervise and support a team of SPLWs that deliver a range of wellbeing and social prescription services within a Hounslow PCN
- Support the development of Social Prescribing in Hounslow and represent and promote the service to stakeholders
- Lead on and deliver training on key areas of service or work with stakeholders and the GP Consortium to deliver additional training.
- Manage a caseload of residents with a range of complex support needs focusing on Individual Goal Setting, Motivational Interviewing and Health Coaching within agreed service guidelines, including assessment, support planning and onward referral and signposting.
- Contribute to the development of the service and participate in support, supervision and training as required. The role is a non-clinical role, however the post holder will receive support from both the employing organisation and also a clinical mentor in General Practice.
- Contribute to the education of practice staff within the network and maintain details and grow working knowledge of sources of support in the community.
- Work closely with the other Team Leaders to create a common approach from Link Workers
- Work with PCN allied care professionals to support Practices to address inequality within Hounslow.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received:
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am, Monday 7th February 2022
Interviews will take place: w/c 7 / 14th February 2022
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check suitability through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
No agencies please.