A fantastic and exciting opportunity is available at our client’s nature reserve for a Visitor Experience Officer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become a full-time permanent member of staff. You will play a significant part in developing, promoting, and delivering the events programme at the reserve.
Visitor Experience Officer
Salary: £18,250 - £20,246 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave, 20% discount in the organisation's shops & Cafes, free access to the charity's reserves, childcare vouchers, Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme
Our client a nature conservation charity is currently looking for someone with expertise and leadership across visitor experience, particularly around events - planning and delivery, ensuring visitor programmes are profitable. Someone who can warmly welcome and enthuse our visitors about wildlife and nature and the wider work at the nature reserve, ultimately encouraging support for nature conservation and the work of the organisation through membership. They want to offer visitors fantastic days out in nature, a great experience that engenders respect of the reserve and the natural world. Here, at South Stack they have one of the best places to do that.
- Work towards agreed targets for income generation, quality of visit and visitor numbers.
- Manage the online residential volunteer booking system, induct volunteers and manage them day to day to include creating rotas.
- Plan and deliver a year-round visitor events programme with the support of the Visitor Operations Manager.
- Ensure the reserve delivers a high quality, on brand visitor experience that encourages visitors to become members of the RSPB and contributes to the RSPB’s Saving Nature Strategy.
- Working with the Visitor Operations Manager and Site Manager to ensure that all colleagues are operating as one team to deliver a high-quality visitor experience for all visitors to the reserve.
- Contribute to the planning and efficient day to day running of the visitor operation that leads to the overall success of the reserve.
- Be a creative individual who can inspire and drive visits to our reserves. You will have lots of ideas on how to use the incredible stories our reserve has through events and experiences, in showcasing our reserve as an amazing place to visit.
What can you expect:
- A supportive, dynamic, and high-performing team of talented individuals around you, who want to make the world a better place than we found it.
- The chance to be involved in creating amazing experiences, connecting people to nature, and making a real difference in ensuring the protection of their incredible places for wildlife and people.
- Access to excellent learning and development opportunities and employee benefits package.
- No two days the same.
What we need from you:
• 4 GCSEs at grades A-C and 2 A levels or equivalent.
- Computer literate to include professional use of social media to adhere to brand requirements.
- Working knowledge of visitor engagement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A team player who can motivate and inspire people.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Ability to maximise opportunities for visitor engagement and income generation.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Experience of managing and delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data in a visitor experience environment.
- Successful experience of managing or supporting a team of staff and/or volunteers.
- Having contributed to a successful visitor project or visitor attraction.
- Tourism or leisure related qualification, ideally at HND level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- Health & Safety in the workplace.
- This role is based in a rural location with no public transport links so own transport is essential.
- This role will require regular weekend working along with bank holidays.
Closing Date: 23:59, 17 February 2022
This charity is actively recruiting for this role and the right is reserved to close this advert at any time.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.