These are exciting times for the charity, and there is now an excellent opportunity for a highly organised and proactive professional to join the Business Strategy and Programme Management team as Information Manager.
Position: Information Manager
Location: Working principally from home, flexibility will be required for occasional onsite working in Devon.
Salary: £48,640 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week – 08.30-16.30, Monday-Friday
Contract: Permanent, starting in May 2022
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: Wednesday 9 February 2022
With significant experience of working with senior managers and executives on complex issues and the development of strategy, you will develop, implement and continually review and refine the organisation’s information governance, including its information management strategy, policy and processes to promote good practice and maintain compliance with statutory obligations.
You will ensure best practice is implemented within the organisation with regards to the acquisition, management and organisation of information, and facilitate access to information to maximise its exploitation and re-use.
Principal duties within this multi-faceted and rewarding role will include:
- The development and line management of a multi-disciplined Information Management team
- Establishing and maintaining robust data governance, overseeing reporting and analytic solutions
- Working with members of the Information Governance Steering Group to create and champion a culture that treats data as a cross-organisational asset, and to champion compliance such as GDPR and organisational policy
- Managing the delivery of any data insights that help drive strategic and tactical business opportunity
- Identifying new kinds, types and sources of data to drive innovation throughout the organisation and defining a process for the effective integrated introduction of new data and data systems
- Managing policies and programs for data stewardship and custodianship
- Working with the IT department and stakeholders to manage the development, integration and maintenance of an integrated data system including abstraction from different data environments for use by the wider team
- In collaboration with the wider Information Governance function, supporting and managing an Information Governance service desk, ensuring that incidents are allocated to the appropriate specialists or escalated to the Information Governance Steering group as required.
Holding a formal information or data qualification (either academic or professional), you will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a substantial Information Management role in a multidisciplinary organisation and of successfully managing a team against a set of measurable performance objectives.
The proven ability to develop, maintain and improve administrative and operations systems and procedures to enhance ways of working is essential, as are excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and decision making skills.
Previous experience of working in a senior information management role for a global 3rd sector organisation, implementing information management as a new function and of working with different Information Management operating models is desirable.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this vital role, and would like to help drive the evolving programme of change taking place within the charity, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving programme of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide, working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
The organisation is a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Information Manager, Data and Information Manager, Knowledge and Information Manager, Information and Support Manager, Content and Information Manager, Data and Insight Manager, Project Manager, Information Officer, Governance Manager, Policy and Information Manager, Data Manager, Information Management, Information and Governance Manager.