Harris Hill is recruiting for a Head of Finance and Operations for this Care Charity based in Kent.
- Salary: c £45,000pa
- Location: Kent, Free Parking on site
- Flexible working: 2 days a week will be required at their offices in Kent
- Responsible to: CEO. Part of the Senior Management Team
- Line Manager for: Finance and Admin Team (currently includes part-time Accounts Manager, part-time Accounts Assistant and full-time Administrator)
- To deliver high quality financial and business management to support the charity and subsidiary Trading Company.
- To advise the CEO and Board of Trustees on all financial aspects of the charity.
- To oversee the accounting and payroll functions.
- To be a member of the Senior Management Team and contribute to the charity's strategic direction and development
- To provide effective management to ensure that a wide range of operational aspects of the charity run efficiently.
- To oversee and lead on all data operations, processes and maintenance, ensuring information is accurate and timely.
- A Qualified Accountant would be preferred, but Part Qualified or QBE candidates with Extensive financial skills within a Charity setting is accepted
- Oversee day to day financial processes and develop smarter ways of working where appropriate
- Support finance team and advise on any queries they may have
- Check that financial information is accurate and ensure the production of insightful management accounts and cash flow forecasts for both the charity and trading company
- Prepare annual budgets, financial forecasts and year end accounts for annual audit
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements, financial processes and controls
- Oversee the payroll function
- Be the lead point of contact with HRMC, taking responsibility for compliance with all taxation and national insurance issues
- Ensure that the gift aid system is properly administered and that gift aid claims are made in a timely manner
- Ensure completion of gift aid claims and deal with any issues that may arise
- Ensure that the charity and trading company are compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements particularly in relation to record keeping and confidentiality
Overseeing Operations only
- To liaise with the Head of Retail and the CEO to oversee facilities management, ensuring effective running and maintenance of all the charity's properties (retail, warehouse and offices)
- Oversee the management of expenditure items including utilities, insurance, waste management, consumables etc. and make savings wherever possible