Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Manager for this well-respected charity based near Wimbledon
- Flexible Working: 1 or 2 days a week depending on meetings (All staff are currently working from home.)
- Responsible to: Head of Finance
- Responsible for: Finance Team of 4
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £44,000pa
The role is responsible for ensuring data integrity, implementation of a strong control environment and preparation and analysis of financial performance as the organisation centralises its Finance function.
This includes being involved in the year-end external audit, month-end and year-end accounting processes, responsible for the control of the balance sheet reconciliations, developing and managing the financial reporting processes, and involved in planning, budgeting and forecasting, implementing robust policies and processes.
- Qualified Accountants required or Part Qualified Accountants with 5 years accounting experience within a charity
- Implement a comprehensive month-end and year end process.
- Control of the balance sheet and associated reconciliations.
- Produce reports to provide a complete picture of cash, funds, income, expenditure and project/programme activity to stakeholders as and when required.
- Managing and reporting on a monthly basis on cashflow.
- Managing and supporting other finance team members in their duties.
- Supporting the preparation of the statutory accounts in line with SORP requirements.
- Provide year-end analysis and audit working schedules for auditors.
- Assisting managers throughout the charity with the compilation of finance plans, business cases and external grant applications.
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register in line with the charities accounting policies.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising to ensure data from the fundraising CRM