Lloyd’s Register Foundation is investing in a number of significant campaigns in alignment with its mission to engineer a safer world. A team of people from across the Foundation work together to create and implement each campaign, with communications, partnership engagement, PR and events for each campaign owned and delivered by the strategic communications and engagement team.
A full time Senior Campaign Manager is now required to join this team to lead on these activities, starting with The Lloyd’s Register Foundation World Risk Poll (WRP) – one of the Foundation’s flagship projects and key investments over the next five years.
Launched in 2019, the WRP is the first global study of worry and risk across the world, revealing the differences between people’s perception of risk and their experiences of those risks – and how safe people feel. The findings, based on over 150,000 interviews by Gallup in 142 countries including places where little or no official data exists, gives a voice for the first time to millions of the world’s citizens.
The WRP aims to highlight safety related issues to drive action by governments and policy makers; encourage academic institutions and other organisations to use the data for secondary research and provides funding for interventions which can tackle these issues.
The role will report into the Head of Communications and Global Campaigns and work closely with the wider Foundation WRP team to ensure comms/campaigns planning is effective and delivered seamlessly in line with the overall WRP project plan, as managed by the Foundation’s WRP Project Manager and Director of Evidence & Insight.
The Senior Campaign Manager will have responsibility for the planning, launch and dissemination of the WRP to key target audiences around the world; content creation to support the WRP reports which are launched every two years; media relations and PR activity to raise the profile of both the WRP and the Foundation; the identification of ongoing opportunities to present the findings of the latest WRP at various industry events including COP27 and will collaborate with strategic partners in the delivery of the WRP reports.
This role will also be required to help with other campaigns, time/resource permitting.
- Be responsible for the delivery of pre-agreed campaigns, from campaign planning through to implementation of all activities and post-campaign results analysis.
- Work in collaboration with partner organisations to maximise the power and effectiveness of the campaign, build relationships with the global community and drive impact.
- Build strong relationships with the Foundation team responsible for the campaign and any external suppliers to ensure a smooth campaign delivery.
- Research and identify suitable event opportunities throughout the year to raise awareness of the campaign and engage with audiences who can use content for their own purposes or work with the Foundation on future projects.
- Lead on content delivery for campaign launches including website development, video creation, blogs and social media assets, working with external resources as required.
- Consider potential public outreach campaign activity to reach a wider audience.
- Develop a PR strategy aimed at raising the profile of the campaign and its objectives through securing coverage around the world and work with a PR agency if required to develop and issue press releases to a target global audience.
- Lead on the development and securing of further editorial opportunities with Foundation and strategic partner spokespeople.
- Monitor, evaluate and share PR results on a regular basis.
- Work with media partners to deliver virtual launch events.
To be considered
- Education to degree level or above
- Significant experience in a senior campaigns or communications role within a complex global communications function
- Experience of working with technical and engineering communities of practice (desirable)
- Knowledge of the charity sector (desirable)
- Experience of working across international partnerships