This is an exciting time to join the Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) team as the Advice Worker, providing maternity cover on a 13 month contract commencing February 2022. This post is integral to RVA’s services to the local voluntary and community sector (VCS) and is a well-established post helping the sector to thrive.
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants who have a legal background, whether through having previously practiced Law or having completed the Legal Practice Course; and who have a working knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, either in a paid or volunteer role.
We wish to offer this opportunity widely, therefore the post is available as home-working with regular travel to Reading Central Library at a minimum of once per week.
Purpose of role
To take lead responsibility in RVA for providing charities and voluntary organisations with advice, information and training on legal and technical aspects of running voluntary organisations.
Success looks like:
- There is a thriving and well governed local sector.
- Organisations are able to access good quality information and support quickly and easily.
- Resources are directed at organisations tackling greatest need.
Reading Voluntary Action is an equal opportunities employer and has made a commitment to encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, who are currently underrepresented within the organisation.
- 1 December: Applications open
- 19 January, 5pm: Applications close
- Date TBC: Interviews at Reading Central Library for shortlisted candidates (or alternatively via Zoom depending on Covid-19 restrictions)
- February 2022: In post.
- Further details of this role can be found in the attached person specification document.
- To apply for the role, please complete the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted.
- If you would like an informal discussion about the role before applying, please get in touch with Rachel Spencer, CEO, or Herjeet Randhawa, Advice Service Manager, at email@example.com or telephone 0118 937 2273.
- Job sharing is possible for this role.