Are you a positive and influential fundraiser, looking to join a motivated and supportive team where you feel valued? Do you feel passionate about supporting the Homeless and Vulnerable in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas?
There has never been a better time to join Winter Night Shelter MK (WNSMK). The charity is currently in an exciting growth phase, as we transform to grow our impact, extending our services to help prevent and end homelessness. We are champions of flexible collaborative working and work alongside many community and charity groups as well as statutory organisations. We are a small but perfectly formed team, where you can make a real impact from day one, supported by a Trustee Board that offers experience from broad range of areas. We want to be there for anyone who is vulnerable or homeless, and we’d love you to find your next role with us.
We are looking for a motivated, positive and supportive fundraiser to join the team and help deliver income from fundraising in the community both on and offline. Engagement and support are key so you’ll need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and inspire the wide range of people and groups that we work with. You’ll also need impeccable organisation skills to manage multiple activities at once as well as strong written skills and the ability to give a great presentation.
· Working 22.5 hours per week at £14 per hour
· Unity Park Station (Milton Keynes) base, with extensive home working and travel in/around Milton Keynes as needed
· Working with the Senior Fundraising Manager to develop annual budgets and plans for community fundraising
· Supporting donors and providing excellent supporter stewardship
· Planning and managing community activities and events with companies, schools, groups and individuals
· Maintaining and updating the fundraising database (Beacon) with current donations as well as other admin as required
· Actively supporting and demonstrating our values through your role
What we are looking for:
· Experience in fundraising is essential along with a passion to develop and grow in a community role
· An excellent relationship builder who can calmly manage competing deadlines
· A thorough approach and strong organisational skills
If you’re excited about the opportunity to bring your passion and skills to our much loved Milton Keynes charity and be part of our transformation journey please apply with CV and covering letter (detailing how your experiences fit against the person specification) by Wednesday 19th January 2022. Interviews will take place by Microsoft Teams on Tuesday 25th January 2022.
WNSMK believe in equality of opportunity and understand the value of a diverse mix of talented people that is representative of our community. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability.