We are seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Fundraising and Communications Manager to join our team. The Carers Centre provides support to over 3000 unpaid family/friend carers in the city of Brighton & Hove. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated group of staff and volunteers to help develop and sustain vital and innovative services to carers across our city.
Contract: 24 months fixed-term (followed by review and possible extension)
Hours of Work: 30 hours (4 days) per week
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Basic Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 p.a. (pro rata)
On Target Earnings: Up to £2,400 p.a. (assessed annually as part of appraisal process)
Probationary period: 6 Months
Responsible to: CEO
Leave Entitlement: 25 Days plus Public Holidays and 3 additional Christmas office closure days (pro rata for part time posts)
Pension: Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
About The Carers Centre:
The successful applicant will be joining a motivated and inclusive team that supports unpaid family/friend carers in Brighton & Hove. We define carers as someone who is impacted by the health condition of a friend or family member. Emotional and/or physical support may be provided to someone because of a long-term illness, physical disability, mental health condition or as a result of substance misuse.
An improved quality of life for carers in Brighton & Hove
To make a positive difference to the lives of carers by encouraging a wider recognition of their caring role; enabling them to fulfil their own needs as individuals and offering them appropriate support
- Key Tasks
- To develop bespoke funding proposals and applications to charitable trusts/foundations and other potential sponsors/income sources
- To achieve Fundraising Strategy targets which will result in On Target Earnings - £1,200 p.a. performance-based and £1,200 p.a. revenue-based.
- To develop engagement with community stakeholders, supporting them to get involved in fundraising activities
- To foster rapport and develop relationships with new and existing funders including a system of providing thanks and feedback
- To undertake research into potential new revenue streams, thereby working towards income diversification
- To increase awareness of unpaid carers and their need for support in Brighton & Hove
- To promote The Carers Centre as an organisation, presenting a clear message to stakeholders and the wider public about its purpose
- To monitor and review funding progress against the organisational Fundraising Strategy through written reports and the use of other media
- To contribute to the development of services for carers in Brighton & Hove
- Additional Tasks:
- Keep abreast of local and national developments affecting carers, including legislation, social care, health services and reports that strengthen funding proposals
- To maintain professional boundaries and standards of service in accordance with Carers Centre policies and national guidance
- To undertake day to day administration tasks
- To take part in team meetings as appropriate
- To participate in supervision and training in order to ensure professional operation of the service
- To work in accordance with the policies, procedures and values of the Carers Centre, especially Confidentiality, Safeguarding, Child Protection, Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety
- To carry out other duties appropriate to the role and responsibilities as may be delegated by the CEO of the Carers Centre
This Job description refers to the duties of the post at the current time. Such duties may vary from time to time, without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibilities of the post. Such variations cannot of themselves justify a re-grading of the post.