Content & Publications Officer
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality, and increase resilience.
Whilst data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking to recruit a Content & Publications Officer to join our team in Bristol.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus all Bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. homeworking, flexitime)
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid study leave and financial support
- Paid professional membership fees
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Informal work environment (e.g. casual dress)
- Free access to the onsite gym in the Bristol office
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
We are looking for a creative individual with editorial experience gained in a digital publishing environment who can generate new publication materials for our company.
Working as part of a passionate and highly skilled team, you will assist with the creation of content that will help to address global poverty and nutrition levels. Through your work, you will raise awareness and help us to make a global impact that support people who need help the most.
What’s more, we are experimenting with a blended approach to home and office working and so are flexible on your location, provided that you are based within the UK and can visit our offices in Bristol on a regular basis.
So, if you’re a self-starter keen to learn and progress your career in an agile environment, we want to hear from you!
As a Content & Publications Officer, you will join our communications team and assist in the production of our publications.
You will strive to ensure a high quality of materials and efficient promotion of our brand identity is maintained, creating content that speaks to our target demographics.
Additionally, you will manage multi-chapter reports and create attractive infographics that liven our digital products, ensuring our appeal to combat poverty and inequality is communicated effectively.
To be considered as a Content & Publications Officer, you will need:
- A minimum of two years’ editorial experience (copyediting and proofreading experience a necessity; production management a bonus) in a digital publishing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- To be a team player with a keen eye for detail
Other organisations may call this role Media and Campaigns Officer, Communications Officer, Editorial and Production Officer, Marketing Officer, Media Officer, or Press & PR Officer.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re interested in the position of Content & Publications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.