As our CEO, you will lead this a membership organisation that provides a range of benefits and services to serving and retired employees of the London Fire Brigade. With 5,000 members in active service across London, and 3,000 retired members, we exist to make life better and a little more fun for a community of people who put their lives on the line to keep London safe. There is a strong family culture across the London Fire Brigade, which we are proud to be a part of.
For our members, amongst other benefits, we run a popular monthly lottery; offer discounted theatre tickets, a range of breaks and holidays; run a wide range of sports and social events; and publish our magazine that keeps the community up to date with all the latest news from our members.
A small but committed staff team in our office supports our various voluntary-run committees to deliver our services to members. With our Business Management Director of 15 years retiring, we are now looking for her successor to join the fire brigade family as our CEO, support our fantastic members and ensure we deliver the best services to them.
- Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - membership organisation
- Location: Lewisham, London
- Salary: £57,785 (subject to review in the new year)
- Contract: full time, permanent
- Benefits: 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, 7.2% employer pension contribution, death in service benefit of 3.5x salary
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working at a senior level in a membership/customer relations role and a proven record of accomplishment of developing and implementing strategic objectives.
- Experience of financial planning, control, contract management and monitoring finances at a senior level.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal staff, key partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and motivating support staff and ensuring they are trained and developed.
- Highly developed communication skills in order to liaise, influence, negotiate and present to people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Well developed organisational skills in order to manage workloads, projects and to ensure targets and objectives are met.
- The ability to champion change through leadership, innovation, creativity and effective use of resources.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, email@example.com. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to chat.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 31st January 2022
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.