Help transform billions of lives. Including yours.
Compassion in World Farming International is a powerful global movement dedicated to ending factory farming and radically changing our food system to reduce reliance on animal protein, before it’s too late.
With our teams in 10 countries around the world, including the US and China, we lead a growing worldwide movement of people concerned about how industrial agriculture is negatively impacting animals, people and our planet. Ending factory farming will bring better lives to billions of farm animals, save wildlife from extinction, improve our health and leave a planet fit for future generations. At the heart of this work is our Global Food Systems Advocacy Team, who deliver our food systems transformation work with the aim of securing a United Nations (UN) Global Agreement to end factory farming, significantly reduce the consumption of animal-sourced foods, and shift to regenerative farming practices.
About the role:
We are looking for a Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy (Alternative Proteins) who will be working closely with the Global Head of Food Systems Advocacy, the Global Senior Food Systems Policy Manager, and the Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy for the delivery of Compassion in World Farming’s food systems transformation work to end factory farming, shift to regenerative farming practices and significantly reduce the consumption of animal-sourced foods, whilst fostering the uptake of plant-based, fermentation-made and cultured proteins (Alternative Proteins). The delivery of this work will be based on a cross-organisational and multi-level policy advocacy programme at a national and inter-governmental level, NGO mobilisation around agreed policy positions, and garnering corporate support for our stated aims.
Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy (Alternative Proteins) Responsibilities:
The post-holder will be assisting the Global Head of Food Systems Advocacy in building, implementing, and delivering policy advocacy strategies. They will be responsible for influencing policy and regulation for the favourable uptake of cultured meat and other alternative proteins, and advocating them to the wider stakeholder community, including animal welfare, environmental, consumers, and other audiences.
Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy (Alternative Proteins) Requirements:
• Experience working in advocacy or policy at national or EU level, in governments, regulatory or research body, NGO, industry or other relevant institution.
• Deep understanding of national and regional political/policy institutions.
• Understanding of concepts related to novel food safety and regulation, and ability to manage them in various contexts.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strategic thinking: ability to identify gaps and opportunities in advocacy.
• Experience in creating position papers, policy briefings and/or reports.
About CiWFI - Compassion In World Farming International:
Compassion in World Farming International is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of their background. We value diversity and lived experience, and acknowledge the under representation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, whether these be of ethnicity, gender, identity, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, or other.
Please complete the online application form to upload your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
Please note that we reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme.
No agencies please.
Location: HQ, Godalming, Surrey (flexible working options may be considered)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Why work for Compassion in World Farming?
• For animals, people and planet: We are on a mission to end factory farming and create a world where fresh air and sunshine are natural parts of any farming system.
• To expand your current skills, develop your career and make a difference to the lives of billions
• We offer 25 days paid holiday
• 45 minutes by train from London Waterloo, our international headquarters are in Godalming near Guildford, a picturesque market town on the banks of the River Wey.
• We occupy modern, bright open plan offices just two minutes walk from Godalming station
• Free parking
Closing date for applications: 31st January, 2022
You may also have experience in the following: Advocate, Advocacy, Lobbying, Political Campaigning, Political Campaign, Global Strategy, Strategy Manager, Policy Manager, Policy Director, Head of Policy, Change Manager, Change Management, Nation Government Policy, Civil Service, Global, EMEA, Digital Campaigns, Campaign Management, Project Management, Programme Management, Digital Campaign Manager, Social Media, Animal Welfare, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.
Ref: 105 638