Global Senior Food Systems Policy Manager
Help transform billions of lives. Including yours.
Our client is a powerful global movement dedicated to ending factory farming and radically changing the food system to reduce reliance on animal protein, before it’s too late.
With their teams in 10 countries around the world, including the US and China, they lead a growing worldwide movement of people concerned about how industrial agriculture is negatively impacting animals, people and their planet. Ending factory farming will bring better lives to billions of farm animals, save wildlife from extinction, improve health and leave a planet fit for future generations. At the heart of this work is their Global Food Systems Advocacy Team, who deliver the food systems transformation work with the aim of securing a United Nations (UN) Global Agreement to end factory farming, significantly reduce the consumption of animal-sourced foods, and shift to regenerative farming practices.
About the role:
They are looking for a Global Senior Food Systems Policy Manager who will be working closely with the Global Head of Food Systems Advocacy, the Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy, and the Global Manager of Food Systems Advocacy (Alternative Proteins) for the delivery of their client’s food systems transformation work, with the aim to secure a United Nations (UN) Global Agreement to end factory farming, significantly reduce the consumption of animal-sourced foods, and shift to regenerative farming practices. The delivery of this work will be based on a cross-organisational and multi-level policy advocacy programme at a national and inter-governmental level, NGO mobilisation around agreed policy positions, and garnering corporate support for their stated aims.
Global Senior Food Systems Policy Manager Responsibilities:
The post-holder will be assisting the Global Head of Food Systems Advocacy in building, implementing and delivering intergovernmental policy advocacy strategies. In line with their client's advocacy strategy, they will help identify, research and develop policy positions, and effectively communicate these to Intergovernmental Organisations (IGOs), national Governments, policy-makers and the public, through a variety of mechanisms. They will also be responsible for the management of selected projects.
Global Senior Food Systems Policy Manager Requirements:
• Demonstrable experience in policy and/or public affairs.
• Strong experience in or understanding of policy issues relevant to Food Systems and/or sustainable agriculture, agroecology, and dietary shifts.
• Scientific or technical background or strong understanding of Food Systems and/or sustainable agriculture, agroecology, and dietary shifts.
• Experience working in policy at national or regional or multilateral level, and understanding global policy institutions.
• Comfort in interacting with Inter-governmental Organisation (IGO) officials and/or politicians.
• Strong strategic thinking; ability to identify gaps and opportunities, work within an ambiguous IGO environment, and develop and deliver clear, ambitious, and achievable policy objectives.
• Strong project management skills on global projects and/or international organisations.
• Proficiency in another language, experience of working in non-English speaking markets, and a passion for or interest in animal welfare and environmental issues would be an advantage.
About Our Client
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of their background. They value diversity and lived experience, and acknowledge the under representation of people from certain backgrounds, both within their organisation and across the sector. They welcome applications from underrepresented groups, whether these be of ethnicity, gender, identity, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, or other.
Please complete the online application form to upload your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification detailed in the Job Description.
Please note that they reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme.
No agencies please.
Location: Godalming, Surrey (flexible working options may be considered)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 (Depending on experience)
Why work for our client?
• For animals, people and planet: They are on a mission to end factory farming and create a world where fresh air and sunshine are natural parts of any farming system.
• To expand your current skills, develop your career and make a difference to the lives of billions
• They offer 25 days paid holiday
• 45 minutes by train from London Waterloo, their international headquarters are in Godalming near Guildford, a picturesque market town on the banks of the River Wey.
• They occupy modern, bright open plan offices just two minutes walk from Godalming station
• Free parking
Closing date for applications 31st January, 2022
You may also have experience in the following: Advocate, Advocacy, Lobbying, Political Campaigning, Political Campaign, Global Strategy, Strategy Manager, Policy Manager, Head of Policy, Change Manager, Change Management, Nation Government Policy, Civil Service, Global, EMEA, Digital Campaigns, Campaign Management, Project Management, Programme Management, Digital Campaign Manager, Social Media, Animal Welfare, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, etc.
Ref: 105 637