ENN’s vision is that every individual caught up in a nutritional emergency, or suffering from malnutrition anywhere in the world, gets the most effective help possible. ENN undertakes knowledge management, research and advocacy to support national governments, civil society, UN, donor and academic organisations. Through these collaborations we support agencies to implement evidence-based nutrition programming, predominantly in low- and middle-income countries and in fragile and conflict affected states.
The ENN is a well-established and highly respected UK-based, registered charity (established in 1996) working to reduce undernutrition globally. ENN is governed by a Board of Trustees and has its head office in Oxfordshire, UK. ENN is financially supported by bilateral donors, international non- governmental organisations and United Nations agencies.
We’re proud that in our 2021 Employee Engagement Survey we showed high levels of staff engagement; over 95 percent of our staff agreed that they are treated with fairness and respect at work and that they trust and respect their manager.
Purpose of the Role
ENN’s HR Officer will work closely with the HR Manager, Administrative Officer and Finance Team, as well as with ENN’s Line Managers, to ensure effective HR support to all ENN staff, prospective employees, trustees, volunteers, associates and consultants. Following a period of expansion in the ENN team we now have the opportunity to embed resource planning, including succession and talent management, and diversity and inclusion more explicitly across our work and the HR Officer will have a key role in supporting this.
You will be well-organised and adaptable, have great attention to detail, be able to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a small and supportive team. You will already have relevant experience in an administrative, HR or similar role and be willing to develop your skills and knowledge further. You will have an interest in what we do and be ready to contribute to making a positive change.
Terms and Conditions
Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours per week) – part time considered
Type of contract: 12 months fixed term (with the possibility to extend)
Location: ENN’s Head Office in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 (Note: In line with ENN’s current policy regarding COVID-19 and the associated UK government advice, all staff are currently working from home. Our return to office working is likely to be gradual so you may be asked to work from home up to two days per week once the office reopens.)
Holidays: 25 days plus UK bank holidays increasing by one day p.a. after two complete years of service to a maximum of 27 days p.a. (pro rata)
Paid office closure days between Christmas and New Year
Pension: Auto-Enrolment to ENN scheme with a generous Employer contribution of 5%
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience (pro rata if part time)
- Act as the first point of contact for HR enquires, to provide advice to managers and staff on all aspects of HR management, employment law and implementation of ENN policies and procedures
- Support key HR processes and activities, including (but not exclusively):
- Recruitment: developing job descriptions with ENN’s Management Team and Line Managers, preparing job adverts, checking applications, right to work checks, shortlisting, supporting interview and appointment processes, undertaking ATS, DBS and other due diligence checks
- Onboarding and induction
- Essential training for staff, including refresher training (e.g. safeguarding, H&S, etc)
- Absence monitoring and management
- Performance monitoring and management
- Leavers (off-boarding)
- Prepare contract and other HR documentation
- Focal point for HR workflow, procedures and systems (SageHR), including record & database management
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure all payroll amendments are implemented
- Liaise with Finance departmant to record staff leave (until implementation of SageHR)
- Assist HR Manager with ENN Policy management
- Provide support to the HR Manager on matters relating to employees in relation to pay and other benefits, grievances and disciplinary matters, working with the Management Team and line managers as required.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) as part of the culture of ENN
- Manage, maintain and archive HR records in line with GDPR requirements
- A minimum of 2 years experience and knowledge of HR procedures and administration
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent personal and professional integrity, discretion and diplomacy, good cross-cultural awareness
- Demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to manage a diverse and busy workload, prioritising effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a dispersed and diverse team
- Flexible and willing to take on new areas of work and responsibilities
- Motivated to use initiative and innovate, with a solutions-focussed approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with a wide range and varying levels of staff
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- CIPD/part CIPD qualified or keen to study for the qualification
- Experience of using HR systems
- Experience of working in the third sector
The HR Officer will report to the HR Manager
Eligibility to work
Must be entitled to work in the UK at the time of application. No relocation package is offered for this role.
ENN is committed to diversity and inclusion, and to building a culture where every staff member and volunteer is recognised and valued as an individual. We actively encourage applications from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds.
Please submit a Cover Letter (no more than 1 page) and CV no later than Sunday 23rd January 2022. Please include ‘HR Officer’ in the email subject line.
Early applications are advised as we reserve the right to conclude the process before the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Please include your preferred working pattern details in your application, if not full time.