To oversee the development of the volunteer and paid early years workforce across the Better Start Bradford area. Many of the Better Start Bradford projects work with volunteers, paid staff and key partners. You will be responsible for working with those projects to ensure the effective delivery and the quality of support, supervision, and training.
The post holder will work collaboratively with partner organisations responsible for 0-3s and their parents in the Better Start Bradford area to agree and introduce an integrated workforce strategy.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate the administration, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of our innovative ‘Learning Together’ programme and manage our learner management platform – Evolve. The role will oversee all our learning events including Baby Week Bradford, online/in person conferences and webinars, and podcast episodes. The role will oversee the knowledge and dissemination strategy, working with the Innovation Hub at Born in Bradford.
- Work with Better Start Bradford projects and partners to develop and implement the Workforce Development Strategy
- Manage the Volunteer Co-ordinator and Knowledge and Dissemination Co-ordinator (vacant post)
- Oversee the work of the Volunteer Co-ordinator making sure integrated workforce objectives are met
- Oversee delivery of the knowledge and dissemination work to ensure learning from the programme is easily available and shared effectively and widely. This includes learning from the National Children’s Bureau’s work across all 5 A Better Start Sites
- Be active in workforce forums and networks as appropriate
- Monitor and evaluate workforce and shared learning activities and write reports as required
- Keep up-to-date with legislation and policy related to workforce, volunteering and learning, making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- Develop and manage the calendar of events and training in the ‘Learning Together’ programme, working alongside key partners
- Promote the ‘Learning Together’ programme and involve staff and volunteers appropriately.
- Develop, innovate, and expand the ‘Learning Together’ programme, ensuring it is meeting the learning and development needs of the Better Start workforce, undertaking learning needs analysis where needed
- Co-ordinate workforce support within the Better Start Bradford team including liaison with the HR function and leading workforce planning
- Develop workforce or learning activities as necessary following evaluation findings or new research
- Work with the other A Better Start (ABS) sites at our Communities of Practice and shared events
For full details and how to apply, please see this webpage: https://www.betterstartbradford.org.uk/jobs/