This is an exciting opportunity to join a values-driven organisation and work on issues such as faith, climate justice and peace.
We are looking for a dynamic Media Officer to communicate Quakers in Britain messages proactively and reactively across print, online and broadcast channels.
The role involves:
- building and maintaining contacts with journalists covering relevant areas
- communicating Quakers in Britain messages in a timely manner using engaging and well-researched copy
- advising colleagues and Quakers on media engagement and reputation management.
The successful candidate will have:
- understanding of how print, online and broadcast media works
- experience of planning and delivering effective media work to promote organisational objectives
- understanding of and sympathy with Quaker values (you do not need to be a Quaker).
Closing date: 24 January 2022 (10am)
Interviews: 2 February 2022
For further details of this role and information on how to apply, please visit www.quaker.org.uk/jobs.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact Grace Da Costa, our Public Affairs and Media Manager, at GraceD@quaker.org.uk.
Quakers have a faith commitment to equality, and encourage and welcome applications for posts from all sections of society. You do not have to be a Quaker to apply for this post, but we expect you to uphold the values of our organisation.
Quakers in Britain is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and expects all of its staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment.
Britain Yearly Meeting is committed to equality in all its employment practices.