Joining the Oversight Board Administration is a chance to be part of an organization which is leading on some of the most prominent and challenging issues facing the tech industry and society.
The Content & Editorial Lead will drive development of written content essential for communicating the work of the Board. You will report to the Head of Content and Editorial, based in London.
A passionate storyteller, you will have experience of writing about complex societal or technology issues. You will produce engaging written content that can accurately present and explain our work to publics, policymakers, researchers and other communities following our work.
Responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the Board’s decisions are clear and consistent, copy editing and summarizing key findings.
- Leading on the creation of content including op-eds, blog posts and other updates.
- Driving the Board’s publications, including our quarterly transparency reports and the Board’s annual report.
- Producing top-quality speaking points and presentations for Board Members and Administration staff for external events.
- Co-ordinating the Board’s communications output – liaising with content team and rest of the communications team to create a schedule of announcements.
- Leading on the procurement and management of vendors, as needed, for production of the annual report and other publications.
- Assisting with other aspects of content and editorial support for the Administration, as required by the Head of Content and Editorial.
Although much of this work will be proactive, at times you will also help support fast-moving reactive communications needs for the Oversight Board, including crafting external messaging and content that will support our rapid response efforts.
This role may be based in the Administration’s locations of London or Washington D.C.