Harris Hill is delighted to be working with a leading charity - focused on putting global responsibility at the heart of engineering - to recruit a new Chief Executive.
The charity has long championed the need for engineers to understand the vital role that they play in addressing the grand challenges facing society today. In 2021, the charity refreshed their strategy, emphasising the need to put global responsibility at the heart of how all engineering is taught and practiced to ensure a safe and just future for all.
The charity is seeking a new Chief Executive to help realise this vision, working alongside their staff team, trustees, members, partners and collaborators to drive their strategy forward to inspire sector wide change.
Job title: Chief Executive
Job location: London with flexibility to work remotely
The charity's ambition is to reach higher, go further and increase impact. To do this they need a strong foundation and clear direction.
The Chief Executive will focus on four key areas:
1. Leading: inspiring and driving the organisation, including our staff, volunteers and members.
2. Building: supporting and growing a diverse movement of individuals and organisations.
3. Influencing: encouraging the wider engineering community to support their agenda.
4. Delivering: developing and implementing plans to deliver the goals set out in the 2020-2031 strategy.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Senior level experience of leading organisations and driving cultures of excellence.
- Experience of organisational design and improvement programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support and empower the staff team and movement.
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder, with demonstrable ability to inspire, influence and energise a range of audiences.
- Ability to talk credibly about engineering and its role in addressing our global challenges. Regardless of experience, you will bring an appetite to deepen your understanding.
- Versatile, strategic and hands on. You'll be expected to lead with a 'can do' and collaborative attitude, be highly organised, solutions oriented and a self-starter.
- Experience of income generation. Experience with corporate partnerships and earned income is highly desirable.
- Strong numeracy skills with experience of financial management (budgeting, monitoring performance, forecasting).
- Experience of working with or participating on a board.
- Commitment to the charity's purpose and passionate about the potential of the engineering community to meet the needs of people within the limits of our planet.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack on how to apply, please send a CV in confidence to our consultant Nick Shanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the position, please contact Nick at the above address with your contact details, and suitable times to chat.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 21st January 2022
The charity is guided by a set of diversity, inclusion and equity principles that they believe help ensure that all viewpoints and knowledge are heard, included and respected. We welcome and actively encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.