Do you thrive on creating unique and exciting experiences? Do you think you could help Winchester Science Centre break the mould of what a science centre experience should be?
Our Charity's focus is shifting. We have huge plans for growth and ambitious plans for the future. The Director of Experiences will play a big part in shaping this. This is a unique opportunity to join our Senior Management Team at a really exciting time. You'll report directly to Ben, our CEO, and have high-level oversight of day-to-day operations. If you think you've got the creativity needed to curate our experiences, lead the team and deputise for the CEO where needed, then check out our applicant pack!
TO VIEW A FULL APPLICANT PACK AND TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY, PLEASE VISIT THE WINCHESTER SCIENCE CENTRE WEBSITE: www.winchestersciencecentre.org/vacancies
We can't wait to hear from you!
The Charity is responding to the challenges brought upon by Covid-19 and growing our team in order to develop and achieve a new and exciting strategic plan. We are planning significant growth and diversification and have ambitious plans for the future. The Charity’s focus is shifting, allowing for a rethink about how we engage with our audiences and the impact we want to make. This role will be an integral part of the strategic development of the Charity and help shape the future for years to come.
This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the CEO, Senior Management Team, Fundraising Team and Board of Trustees to continue to develop our successful Science Centre, exploring a whole new experience that breaks the mould of a traditional science centre. The post holder will thrive on creating experiences that are sustainable, mission-driven and potentially career defining.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the CEO, the post holder is responsible for high level oversight of day-to-day operations and driving forward how the Charity engages with our audiences. This role requires an individual with the creative ability to curate our experiences, lead the team forward, deputise for the CEO when required and represent our exciting and growing Charity.
Post Title: Director of Experiences
Line Manager:Chief Executive
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 per annum depending on experience. Up to £2,000 available for relocation.
Hours: 37.5 hour week with an hour lunch break each day (8.30am-5pm).
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays. Option to buy up to an additional five days and gain additional days for continuous service after four years. Please note, the post holder is expected to work some bank and public holidays.
Normal hours of work are 37.5 per week. These will normally be covered during office hours however a flexible working pattern will be required, to include weekdays and weekends. Occasional out of hours work may be required (such as for training purposes or to support other areas of the business) for which time off in lieu will be offered.
Curate (30%) – Be the architect of our strategic vision for the future of our visitor experiences.
Lead (30%) – Lead and be the driving force for major development projects ensuring they achieve our goals and are sustainable, accessible and well managed.
Achieve (30%) – reach the audiences we need to engage with, exceed the targets we set ourselves and drive the change we need to make to achieve on our strategic goals.
Oversee (10%) - Oversee the visitor experience and events teams, providing support, guidance and leadership to sustain and constantly improve our visitor offer and programme.
- Be imaginative and creative while working closely with colleagues, Board of Trustees, external partners and stakeholders to drive forward a new vision for the future of our visitor experiences.
- Work with the widening participation team striving to ensure our current and future experiences are accessible to all and create a welcoming environment.
- Actively engage with the strategic and business planning processes - delivering those plans operationally, reporting regularly against targets to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
- Learn and take inspiration from best practice around the world creating a world-leading accessible visitor offer and share those learnings to the benefit of other science centres.
- Represent the Charity at national and international events.
- Build and nurture relationships with new and external partners working with the fundraising team to help raise the funds required to deliver on our vision for the future.
- Oversee exhibition design, build and implementation to ensure all future exhibitions fit with the overall strategy of the Science Centre and, with the STEM team, ensure their educational and scientific integrity.
- Manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders including close neighbours and those who manage the surrounding countryside.
- Oversee the visitor experience team to ensure good practice and compliance with relevant legislation in order to provide a safe environment for all staff and visitors.
- Oversee the development of an exciting, impactful and financially sustainable events programme.
- Ensure projects are delivered to an excellent standard, on time, to budget and in full.
- Monitor and manage the departmental budget. This will involve ensuring strong financial controls in order to achieve best value whilst ensuring quality and services are not compromised.
- Oversee the retail, catering and customer services businesses to ensure targets are achieved and explore new ways of working to increase margins
- Make critical operational decisions in a timely and reasoned way.
- To review operational processes to ensure Science Centre productivity.
- Attending meetings offsite as required.
Organisation and management
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the post holder will attend SMT and weekly management meetings providing departmental updates. The post holder will be required to write and present monthly reports to the CEO and Board of Trustees. The post holder will lead and inspire a large team and specifically line manage the Head of Visitor Experience and the Head of Events.
You will be required to conduct regular performance reviews with your team, set objectives, and provide coaching.
As an enabler of people, the Director of Experiences will be expected to plan, inspire, supervise and delegate, and continually review and monitor working practices and patterns.
This document outlines the duties required of the post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and duties may vary from time to time but these would not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility.
Flexibility is essential as Winchester Science Centre relies on a small team of dedicated individuals working closely together to support and develop the Charity, so occasional additional support duties will be required in other areas of its business.
Variation to the post holder’s usual working hours due to meetings, travel and events at irregular times will be compensated by time off in lieu.
If you feel like you’re the right person for the role, we’d love to hear from you and receive your application.
Please visit our website www.winchestersciencecentre.org/vacancies for the full applicant pack.
Please complete the editable PDF application form and send it, together with a cover letter, by email to Laura Ollis (address on WSC website)
We will try to confirm receipt of every application and we’ll individually review your application as soon as possible. If you need any information in a different format or would like to apply in an alternative way, please get in touch. Contact Laura using the address above, or to speak to Laura in person please call the office on 01962 863 791 to book a call back.
Have we caught your eye, but you’re still a little unsure? We welcome an informal discussion even if you are only considering applying for the role. Please do get in touch with Laura to arrange a brief informal and relaxed call with the CEO or one of the Senior Management Team.
Strictly no agencies - Please do not contact if you are from a recruitment company, thank you.