Do you have a genuine passion for international development?
Are you someone who wants to take ownership and direct responsibility to tackle social injustice & inequality and make a positive difference?
Maybe you are currently working for an international charity as a grants/projects/administration manager, and now you are at a stage where you want a real opportunity to make more of an impact.
This could be a great opportunity for you to manage a Charity Foundation of an investment firm. As the Charity Foundation Manager you will work alongside the charitable foundation of this private investment firm looking to empower people. The charitable arm of the company is doing incredible work in the emerging markets and have dedicated themselves to make a positive and substantial impact on underserved communities.
As the sole charity contact, this is a genuinely unique opportunity for you to take ownership and be instrumental in the future direction of the charity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- reviewing of the grant-making guidelines, monitoring processes & policies;
- Corresponding with the grant applicants and grantee partners;
- Monitoring grantee relationships, including ongoing assessment and making monitoring phone calls to ensure that funds are being used as stipulated and that there are no causes for concern,
- Preparing and implementing grant payment schedules and liaising with the finance team;
- Research, development and coordinate philanthropic activities for the charity worldwide.
- Researching and identifying suitable projects to meet the carbon offsetting requirements as well as relevant projects that suit the charity for consideration by the board, and ensuring appropriate measurement, surveillance and reporting in relation to such projects;
Compliance, Governance and Administration:
- Liaising with the Charities Commission and submitting all of the reporting requirements, e.g. annual return;
- Assisting the team to get the information to finance for the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Reporting with the Board to detail the Charity's activities;
- Assisting the Investment Committee in relation to the management of financial resources in line with the Foundation's investment policy;
- Maintenance and review of appropriate policies and procedures
- Liaison with HMRC and Companies House as required;
- Act as Company Secretary to arrange trustee meetings;
- Ensure all corporate governance requirements are met;
- Awareness and understanding of philanthropic investment (the emerging markets experience beneficial);
- Understanding of Charity Foundation administration;
- Non-profit management experience for a minimum of five years;
- Understanding of charity compliance, governance and legal requirements;
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Updating trustees with strategic and legal/compliance matters;
- Research as required by the trustees of The Charity Foundation on strategy, social investment opportunities, financial investment, governance or any other matters in order to enable decision-making;
All the best & Good Luck!!