Director of Building Safety
Salary: £97,000 plus benefits package
Location: Birmingham, B37 7YN
Flexibility: Hybrid Working
Do you want to work for an organisation that supports work life balance? If so, our client may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is an exciting new role working in a key position within their Senior Leadership Team. You will be joining a supportive team within a fast paced and ambitious organisation. The postholder will be responsible for transforming their building safety function, ensuring that they are meeting current and new legislation and regulatory requirements.
The role will encompass new building safety requirements, compliance, commissioning and health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Building Safety professional at a degree level education or equivalent in the relevant field or membership with a relevant professional body.
- Manage and develop a team, creating an overarching, robust strategy with the foresight to innovate.
- Ability to lead a step change in their approach to how they manage their buildings and engage their customers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building safety within diverse and large property portfolios.
- Proactively develop relationships with teams across the organization, pulling together a holistic organizational plan to deliver building safety, protecting their residents, and ensuring that they are meeting all our health and safety obligations to safeguard their employees.
Our Client has homes across the West Midlands and the role will be required to cover all areas. They have offices in Birmingham, Coventry and Worcester.
As well as a generous benefits package, they enable all Citizens to achieve the best possible balance between work and personal life and provide opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
Our client is one of the UK’s most trusted social housing providers. They owns and manages 30,000 homes across the West Midlands for diverse communities, from urban tower blocks to rural villages and towns. They provide more than just a home; we provide homes that are a foundation for life.
They are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from everyone.
They adopt a proactive approach to safeguarding to ensure everyone accessing their services can do so without fear of harm, abuse or neglect. As part of their recruitment process they carry out robust safeguarding checks.
This post is subject to a Standard DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note they will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time. They reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: 3rd January 2022
Interview date: 12 January 2022