Location: Remote in the UK or Ireland, or based in the Cambridge head office
Salary: £36,000 – £41,000, depending on experience
Basis: Permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK or Ireland
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to join our ambitious fundraising team. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, you will make a significant contribution to the team's growth and success. You’ll build and manage a global portfolio of strategic, high-value corporate partners that share and advance our mission. Through effective account management, you’ll engage donors with the aim of growing their lifetime support for our work.
The ideal candidate will have experience of successful fundraising from companies, foundations, or trusts. We also welcome applicants from a background in sales, recruitment, or account management. Being able to build strong relationships is essential for this role.
You will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and a positive work culture.
- Proactively develop a pipeline of funding opportunities, establishing relationships that will lead to new partnerships
- Manage a portfolio of existing partners, developing and implementing engagement strategies to strengthen these relationships
- Match funders’ objectives with the Foundation's programmes and goals
- Prepare funding applications, proposals, presentations, and pitches, working collaboratively across the Foundation to support the development of these documents
- Evaluate and report on partner activities to ensure goals are achieved
- Accurately capture information using our CRM (Salesforce) pipeline process
- Support the team as they develop new donor relationships to secure grants and donations
Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- Experience in developing long-term, high-value (£50K+) corporate partnerships
- Competence in using a CRM or equivalent system to track and measure the partnership pipeline
- Effectiveness in working with multiple stakeholders across organisations to achieve solutions and deliver results
- Evidence of highly adaptable interactions with a wide range of people, with experience in advocacy, networking, and negotiation
- Practical knowledge of preparing and presenting a compelling case for support in various forms, including in person and through written communication
- Experience of monitoring, reporting, and forecasting against plans and budgets
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A commitment to the mission and values of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in prioritising a pipeline of multiple opportunities
- A high level of IT literacy, particularly knowledge of using the Microsoft Office suite or Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Forms)
- Experience in international fundraising
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity working to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our main product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes helping millions of people learn new knowledge and skills.
We are an operating foundation rather than a grant-giving foundation, meaning that we advance our mission through practical action. Through Code Club and CoderDojo, we support the world’s largest networks of free computing clubs for young people. Tens of thousands of educators have taken our online courses, and millions of people use our free online learning resources.
The Foundation’s income consists of a mix of profits from our commercial company, contracts for educational services, and restricted and unrestricted grants and donations. View some of our supporters here.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days' leave per annum, plus public holidays
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working arrangement to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous company pension with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Good support for working parents, including family leave policy
- Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, and childcare voucher schemes
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Fresh fruit, tea and coffee in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Deadline to Apply: 9am on Tuesday 4th January 2022
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter, highlighting the skills and experience that make you the best candidate for this role. Early applications are encouraged as we will review and interview applicants throughout the advertising period.