Job title: Finance Manager
Salary: £32,000 to £34,000 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Newton Aycliffe
About the Charity
Our client aims to be the UK’s leading regeneration charity, working through partnership to create communities in which people are proud to live and work.
Each year the charity makes an incredible difference to communities across the North East and Cumbria. They work on hundreds of individual projects each year, supporting disadvantaged communities but what’s most important is how they change people’s lives. Their local programmes and services are tailored to the needs of partners and communities in each locality. When all that local activity is added together, it becomes a major force for regional change.
This charity's Finance Team operates as part of their Corporate Services Team providing a comprehensive and accurate finance service provision across the Charitable Trust.
About the role
This is a highly important role within the business, which involves managing and advising a small team, as the Finance Manager, you will be a key part of the finance team and report directly to the Finance Director
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a small accounts team, ensuring they produce accurate invoices to deal with the high volume of accounts and services provided
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is prepared and communicated effectively to staff, management and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure effective financial control, management and accountability throughout the Charitable Trust
- Manage the Finance Team
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts, reports and forecasts
- Prepare statutory annual accounts and be the lead contact for auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual and three-year budget
- Oversee the day to day financial systems including; sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger, cash flow, petty cash, project management, bank reconciliations.
- Ensure that ledgers and balance sheet accounts are accurate and reconciled in a timely manner
- Ensure that payroll is processed on a timely basis and liaise with HR staff
- Ensure that all pension payments are processed on a timely basis and liaise with the pension provider and advisor as required
- Ensure that the correct VAT treatment is applied to all income and expenditure, and prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Produce quarterly reports on finance and performance measures to the overarching UK Trust
- Communicate with all Trust staff to ensure there is a high level of awareness of the requirements of financial control and management throughout the Trust.
- Provide financial information and support to project staff for funding applications, tenders, claims and reports to funders.
- Work with the Director of Finance to review, develop and implement financial management and control systems to meet the organisation's evolving needs
This role is subject to a Basic Disclosure endorsed by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
A bit about you
To be the successful Finance Manager, you will ideally be an ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified Accountant or be qualified by experience and have worked at a similar level of role within finance.
The role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual from a charity background, who is looking to take the next step in their career working closely with the senior management team with the potential for further progression.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 20th December 2021
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Make yourself at home:
Our client wants you to be yourself and they value everything that makes you unique. They recognise and celebrate your difference and together you will make the charity a special and great place to work.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
No agencies please.