Community Fundraising Manager
We have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Community Fundraiser to join and lead a hospice fundraising team.
At the Hospice in Reading, and through Day Services in Newbury and Wokingham, the organisation looks after people living with life-limiting conditions, and offer support for families too. They provide expert care and support across Berkshire.
Position: Community Fundraising Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday plus occasional evenings and weekends for events
Salary: £34,000 - £39,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday (pro rata), rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, enhanced sick pay, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services.
Closing date: 4th January 2022
About the role:
As Community Fundraising Manager you will grow the income for the Hospice and build strong relationships with community and corporate supporters. You will be responsible for the day to day management of a small team of paid staff and in addition to this you will also recruit, manage and facilitate the effective engagement with and use of volunteers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan for and deliver income annually across key income streams
- Manage the growth of fundraising income to target, and in line with the hospice Fundraising Strategy
- Support the strategic development of fundraising in the local area
- Manage a variety of community income streams with a strong focus on recruiting and managing corporate and higher value relationships
- Manage and support direct reports to deliver targeted income
- Work within income and expenditure budgets in all activity to ensure best return on investment
You will be an experienced manager with passion and drive to grow support for the organisation. You will be an excellent networker with a proven track record of achieving growth and delivering income to targets. Community income streams are a main focus therefore you will have demonstrable experience of forming and maintaining relationships with a local community to include individuals, groups and associations.
Essential criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in a similar role and evidence of working to targets
- A drivers licence and own transport
- Evidence of continued professional development in your chosen field
Other roles you may have experience of could include Fundraiser, Corporate Fundraising Manager, Community Fundraising Manager, Donor Manager, Major Donor Fundraising, Individual Giving, Philanthropy, Community Fundraising Manager, Trust Fundraising, Partnerships Fundraising, Development Manager, Regional Fundraising Manager, Area Fundraising Manager, etc.