Global Human Resource Officer – PART TIME ROLE (1 year Fixed term Contract)
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian charity, active in over 40 countries, working towards the vision of Leprosy Defeated and Lives Transformed. Operating as an International Federation (Global Fellowship) of 31 member countries, the International office provides leadership and facilitation to enable the Global Fellowship to achieve this vision.
We’re currently looking for a Global Human Resource Officer to join us on a part-time basis.
- Part time role
- Competitive salary £20,000 - £24,000 a year pro rata - depending on experience
- 10% contribution to your pension
- Health cash back plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership support
- Staff events
- Daily devotion time
- Space for waiting on God
- Volunteer days
- Training and development
- Life assurance
This is an incredible opportunity for a human resources professional with experience gained within an international organisation to use their skills and experience to help us achieve our vision of “Leprosy Defeated, Lives Transformed”.
We are passionate about helping individuals with disabilities, marginalised people in society and those living in extreme poverty.
So, if you’re a goal-orientated individual with a high desire for collating experiences and learning and have been enticed by the sound of our work, then we want to hear from you!
As a Global Human Resources Officer, you will aid our HR Global Advisors with human resource-focused admin support, advice and practical HR work. If you do speak French, that would be a great advantage, (but not mandatory) as we work directly with French-speaking members that you would have the privilege to support.
Your role will help to strengthen our capacity and our global HR network, covering projects, supporting the team and providing ad-hoc hands-on support for teams in our member countries.
Specifically, you will assist in the facilitation of projects that provide support to cover HR activities, provide administrative and logistical support, as well as gathering research and developing templates to best inform Global HR decisions and priorities.
You will support the team to guide countries to grow their HR capacity and strengthen their systems, policies, procedures and practices.
To be considered as a Global Human Resources Officer, you will need:
- Experience or exposure to a HR department of an international organisation
- Experience of recruitment, preparing and delivering training, learning and development, HR policies and procedures, salary benchmarking, staff engagement, safety and security, safeguarding, diversity and inclusion and other key areas of strategic HR
- Experience of supporting the production of key HR processes e.g. policies and procedures, and their implementation
- Professional experience in providing human resources support
- Experience working or living in a multicultural environment
- The ability to both support and mentor a third party in specialised HR matters
- The ability to assess needs, and strengthen teams and individuals, in an international environment
- The ability to support the development of policies, procedures and good practice guidelines
- Good computer literacy skills, comfortable working with various technologies such as video editing, creating PowerPoints and MS online packages
- The ability to work hands-on as well as strategically to contribute to the overall success of the organisation
- A degree level qualification or equivalent
The ability to converse and write in French and translate documents from English to French would be highly desirable, but not essential. Experience of working or volunteering with an international NGO would also be an advantage.
Please note, applications will be reviewed throughout and interviews may be held before the closing date, therefore, you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Other organisations may call this role HR Officer, HR Advisor, HR Generalist, Senior HR Co-ordinator, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, or Human Resources Co-ordinator.
TLM is an explicitly Christian organisation. This role will involve promoting the Mission’s purpose and ethos. The post holder will work embedding TLM Christian values through a culture of learning across the organisation, supporting the team to create the space to reinforce the spiritual identity of the organisation. One of the core competencies of this post is spiritual maturity, therefore the post holder is required to commit to the Christian values and vision of the Leprosy Mission International. Along with the team, the post holder will take part in weekly meetings dedicated to prayer for the Members and will contribute to devotional messages. There is, therefore, an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian, committed to the objectives and values of The Leprosy Mission who is able to work in an interdenominational environment.
So, if you’re thinking of making a real difference as a Global Human Resource Officer, please apply via Leprosy Mission International website. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.