Project Manager - Construction / Social Housing
Circa £57,000 per annum
London - Tower Hamlets
Full Time, Permanent
Our client is an award winning landlord. An award winning employer. An award winning champion of diversity.
They are a not-for-profit company set up in 2008 to deliver high quality housing services for residents living in Tower Hamlets for residents Based in the heart of London’s Docklands they provide housing and housing services to 21,000 Londoners’.
They have travelled a long way in the past few years and have built a strong track record in improving their performance and delivering quality services to their residents and communities. This was a major factor in the recent decision of their sole shareholder (the London Borough of Tower Hamlets) to extend their management agreement by a further eight years from July 2020. Following this decision, they have shaped a new business plan – Create Great – to give them focus over the coming years.
They are looking for a Project Manager to join their well established, busy and dynamic Property Services team that sits within the Asset Management Directorate.
You will help the organisation to deliver their vision of thriving, safe, and sustainable neighbourhoods where residents can be proud of their homes, respect one another, and realise their potential.
The post-holder should have extensive experience in delivering large complex capital programmes and will manage a multi-disciplinary technical and project management team.
The role will include delivering a high-profile project, managing and overseeing a planned programme of building services’ projects to the value of circa £40 million.
Reporting to the Programme Delivery Manager, you will have:
- Substantial experience of operating at project management level in social housing and/or related sectors, with a track record of delivering complex projects within time, cost and quality thresholds.
- Strong commercial and contract management experience across multiple projects.
- Knowledge of contract administration and the ability to manage financially complex contracts ensuring value for money, and lead on the management of contractors and consultants.
- Knowledge and experience in performance management of contractors with a proven track record of improving performance and meeting KPI targets.
- Experience in managing major works in occupied residential property within a mixed tenure environment.
- Knowledge and experience of leasehold statutory consultation
- Knowledge of and experience in ensuring compliance to applicable Health and Safety standards
They’ll also expect you to be able to demonstrate how your preferred approach, reflected in your experience, exhibits their Ways of Working, and how your own passion and drive for what you do is in tune with their organisational Values.
In return for you choosing to work with them, they will offer you a range of great benefits, including:
- 26 days’ paid holiday each year, plus 8 bank holidays
- A fantastic defined benefit, career-average pension scheme;
- Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants;
- Cycle to Work scheme;
- Your voice heard through their staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff;
- Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee and fruit, multi-faith and shower facilities;
- Interest-free season ticket and new technology loans;
Under the Two Ticks guaranteed interview scheme, our client guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
The closing date for this role is: 10th December 2021 at 5.00pm
The interviews will be held week commencing 20th December 2021.
If you are not available on this date they may be able to reschedule, but please indicate any unavailability with your application.
The selection process will include a presentation and an interview at City Reach which will take place week commencing 20th December 2021.