Head of Addiction
Westminster, London (flexible working may be considered)
The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
We are currently looking for a Head of Addiction to join our busy team on a permanent, full-time basis and lead our Addiction Unit.
- Salary of £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, dependant on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
If you have a strategic mindset, excellent people skills and are passionate about changing people’s lives for the better, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation with social justice at its core.
In this crucial role, you’ll positively contribute to our efforts to tackle poverty and social breakdown across the UK by driving invaluable research and developing engaging campaigns promoting our work on addiction.
Our Addiction Unit helps prevent addiction in the UK and ensure everyone is given the support necessary to enter recovery and make the most of their potential. So, if you think you have the skills and experience to truly make a difference and inspire change, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Addiction, you will lead our Addiction Unit, ensuring the delivery of high-quality research and campaigns, and furthering our important work.
In this critical role, you’ll plan and implement our addiction research programme, engaging with, and learning from, charities, community leaders and experts to influence and support our work.
Developing and delivering an effective and engaging campaign and networking strategy, you’ll expand our reach and promote our research on national and local media. You’ll also engage with policy-makers, including ministers, MPs and advisors, highlighting key policy recommendations and campaigning for change.
In addition, you’ll act as an ambassador for our vision, mission, and values, representing our organisation at events and helping to raise vital funds for the unit.
To join us as the Head of Addiction, you will need:
- The ability to design and undertake high-quality research and campaigns (relevant transferable skills and experiences will be considered alongside direct experience)
- The ability to work with, learn from and inspire a wide variety of stakeholders in and around the addiction sector
- A strong vision for social justice and be capable and willing to engage with public debate and the media to robustly advocate the policy positions you will help shape
- A strong strategic mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism
- To be well-organised with a high degree of personal integrity
Experience and knowledge of the addiction sector would be beneficial to your application.
The closing date for applications is the 2nd January 2021. Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting will be undertaken throughout the process.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Other organisations may call this role Addiction Programme Lead, Senior Programme Lead, or Head of Research and Campaigns – Addiction.
Webrecruit and CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are committed to positively changing people’s lives and are eager to help prevent addiction in the UK by joining us as the Head of Addiction, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.