Head of Debt
Westminster, London (flexible working may be considered)
The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
We are currently looking for a Head of Debt to join our busy team on a permanent, full-time basis and lead our Debt Policy Unit.
- Salary of £40,000 - £60,000 per annum, dependant on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
If you have a strategic mindset, excellent people skills and are passionate about changing people’s lives for the better, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation with social justice at its core.
In this crucial role, you’ll positively contribute to our efforts to tackle poverty and social breakdown across the UK by helping to shape our research on debt in the UK, in all its forms.
You’ll be a key member of a brilliant team striving to equip disadvantaged households with the financial tools and resilience they need to fulfil their potential and live a debt free life.
Interested? Then apply today!
As the Head of Debt, you will lead our Debt Policy Unit, managing a high-performing research team and ensuring the delivery of high-quality policy and campaigns.
In this critical role, you’ll plan and implement our debt research programme, engaging with, and learning from, charities, community leaders and experts to influence and support our work.
Developing and delivering an effective and engaging campaign and networking strategy for our debt policy work, you’ll expand our reach and promote our research on national and local media.
You’ll also engage with policy-makers, including ministers, MPs and advisors, sharing key policy recommendations and highlighting the debt problem in the UK whilst campaigning for change.
In addition, you’ll act as an ambassador for our vision, mission, and values, representing our organisation at events and helping to raise vital funds for the unit.
To join us as the Head of Debt, you will need:
- The ability to design and undertake high-quality research and campaigns (relevant transferable skills and experiences will be considered alongside direct experience)
- The ability to work with, learn from and inspire a wide variety of stakeholders in and around the charity, financial services, collections and political spheres
- A strong vision for social justice and to be capable and willing to engage with public debate and the media to robustly advocate the policy positions you will help shape
- A strong strategic mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism
- To be well-organised with a high degree of personal integrity
The closing date for applications is the 2nd January 2021. Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting will be undertaken throughout the process.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Other organisations may call this role Debt Programme Lead, Senior Programme Lead, or Head of Research and Campaigns – Debt.
Webrecruit and CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are committed to positively changing people’s lives and are eager to help address the problem of debt in the UK by joining us as the Head of Debt, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.