The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our team on a full-time basis and play a key leading role in our fundraising efforts.
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
This is the perfect opportunity for a high calibre fundraising professional looking for a role where you can make an impact and drive funding that will make a difference on a national basis.
You’ll discover a team of passionate, driven individuals working together to bring about change and address the root causes of poverty. Your role will be vital to our efforts and will make a positive impact on our fundraising.
And we are nowhere near finished. Poverty is a key differentiator in this country and needs to be addressed at every level of society from the key decision-makers in government and industry, to the smallest schools struggling to provide vital meals for children who don’t get them at home.
The work you will put in will support community charities that provide the basics as much as it will support changes in attitude and changes in the law that will make life easier for those that need it the most.
As a Development Manager, you will take on an exciting fundraising role that will raise our organisational profile, engage with new donors and secure significant income for our work.
Joining the small Fundraising team at our Westminster office, you’ll maintain, grow and steward supporters within this leading role within our income generation activities.
In addition to delivering our fundraising strategy, you’ll be increasing our supporters, helping develop strategies to secure new and major donors and drafting proposals, impact reports and donor comms.
Your role will also involve:
- Prospecting, donation solicitation and the securing new relationships
- Maintaining meticulous records of all fundraising activities
- Delivering exceptional relationship management
- Helping deliver fundraising events
- Producing financial updates and analysis
To be considered as a Development Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience in high-value fundraising (working with philanthropists, corporates and trusts and foundations), preferably in the political and/or charitable sectors
- A proven track record of soliciting five or six figure donations
- Experience of engaging and influencing high-profile and high-net-worth individuals and organisations
- A strong interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda
- High-level communications skills and experience with public speaking
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism
- A team player with initiative and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Well-organised, discreet, and with a high degree of personal integrity
An understanding of fundraising event logistics and delivery would be beneficial to your application. A strong interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda would also be an advantage, as would direct experience of donor management.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Manager, Senior Fundraising Officer, Major Donor Manager, Partnerships Manager, Fundraising Development Manager, or Philanthropy Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 2nd January 2022.
We encourage early applications as shortlisting will be undertaken throughout the process.
Webrecruit and the CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to make a difference as our Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.