Formed in 1980, this children’s health charity based in Birmingham is the only UK charity dedicated to fighting all childhood liver diseases. We work with families and young people, helping them take control of their lives, by providing accurate, clear information on these rare and complex conditions, emotional support in coping with their feelings and worries and representing their voice to those who make decisions about their care. Together we help young people to create a new life path, where their liver disease is just one part of who they are.
We are looking for an interim CEO to join us on 10th January 2022 for 6 months. The overall purpose of this role is to ensure the charity’s continued success while the Trustees work to define what success will look like for us in the future, and identify and appoint a permanent CEO to deliver on this.
Role: Interim CEO – children’s health charity based in Birmingham
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 FTE, PAYE
If the successful candidate prefers, we can also offer a day rate at a comparable total cost to the charity
Contract: 6 months fixed term contract
Full-time role, with 30 hours per week considered (PAYE salary pro rata) for the right candidate
Location: 36 Great Charles Street, Birmingham B3 3JY
Hybrid working, but the interim CEO is expected to spend 2 days weekly in the office to supervise and be available for staff
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in senior management in the charity sector, with proven leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and manage staff to work as a team, with identified objectives.
- Track record in strong financial management.
- Track record of successful fundraising.
- Experience of networking, and liaising with external agencies, including funders.
- Strong organisational skills, and familiarity with Digital Comms developments and potential.
- Emotional empathy. Understanding the role of the charity working with children, with chronic, possibly life-threatening conditions, and their families.
- Professional background from the charity, health, social care or welfare sectors would be desirable.
Please note: this role is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
For more details, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13th December 2021
Shortlisting with the charity and Harris Hill: Wednesday 15th December 2021
Interview with the charity: Friday 17th December 2021
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.