When a child is diagnosed with cancer life becomes full of fear, for them and their family. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, overwhelming money worries, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we help families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them. And you could be a part of the team making it happen.
You'll play a key role in a team of pragmatic and dynamic fundraisers, working closely with colleagues across Young Lives vs Cancer to secure major gifts from a growing portfolio of trusts, foundations and high net worth individuals.
• Secure long term, flexible income through lifelong relationships with individual supporters, their companies, and the charitable foundations they influence.
• Ensure you deliver first class stewardship and relationship management - continually improving donor communications and the quality of experience for our supporters
• To create compelling cases for support and outstanding funding proposals
• You’ll have a passion for creativity, with the ability to continuously think innovatively and you’ll be able to build solid relationships across the charity.
• But most important of all is a passion for your work and for helping children and young people, and their families, find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them.
• We expect this to be a popular role so we reserve the right to close the process before the deadline if we receive high numbers of great applications.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
What we offer:
In return for your commitment, we offer a great reward package, which includes generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme and season ticket loan.
About Young Lives vs Cancer
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds, to join us and help improve the lives of children and young people with cancer and their families. We particularly want to encourage people from under-represented groups to step forward and apply to work or volunteer with Young Lives vs Cancer.
Young Lives vs Cancer is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,106 per annum
Closing Date: 6 December 2021
Interview Date: 9 December 2021
You may have experience of the following: Philanthropy Fundraiser, Philanthropy, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Charity, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Volunteer Management, Legacy, Fundraiser, Volunteer, Charities etc.
Ref: 105 026